Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC 2015 First Round Results  (Read 20690 times)

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
Re: NHC 2015 First Round Results
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2015, 09:47:24 am »
Congrats to the winners! 

I see some double wins in categories.  I thought you could only submit one entry per style?
One per subcategory.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2015, 10:02:59 am »
Congrats to the winners! 

I see some double wins in categories.  I thought you could only submit one entry per style?
One per subcategory.

So for Category 1 I could submit a Dortmunder and a Helles.  Got it.
Dave Zach

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2015, 10:17:44 am »
I thought you could only submit one entry per style?
One entry per subcategory.

Offline SavoryChef

• 1st Kit
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2015, 11:41:04 am »
Still waiting on Sac

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2015, 01:49:41 pm »
NYC is posted.

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2015, 03:06:40 pm »
It is always fun to advance to the second round. Fingers crossed!

It's fun advancing until you have to sit there, at the banquet or listening to the BN, every year, waiting for your name to be called only for someone else to be called for first place.  :-\

This is the fourth year in a row I've advanced something (and two last year). The last 3 years, the beers have gone to mini-BOS at Nationals. No purple banded medals in my house though.  :'(  Dang. So close every time.
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2015, 03:22:16 pm »

It's fun advancing until you have to sit there, at the banquet or listening to the BN, every year, waiting for your name to be called only for someone else to be called for first place.  :-\

This is the fourth year in a row I've advanced something (and two last year). The last 3 years, the beers have gone to mini-BOS at Nationals. No purple banded medals in my house though.  :'(  Dang. So close every time.

Maybe this year is your breakthrough year!
Dave Zach

Offline dsmitch19

• Cellarman
    • ASH
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2015, 03:39:03 pm »

Last year was my first entering NHC and I had two advance to finals. I didn't win, but when I got my scoresheets back, the cover sheet for my kolsch said "honorable mention." Not that HM is an official thing for NHC, but that's a 4th place in my book. ;) At least for last year, I feel your pain!
Cheers!
Dennis Mitchell
Grand Master Judge + Mead Judge
BJCP Communications Director
AHA Governing Committee

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2015, 04:04:02 pm »
Congrats to the winners! 

I think its one per sub cat.

Edit - note to self, read the other 30 responses before replying with an answer that has already been given 30 times.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 04:24:47 pm by klickitat jim »

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2015, 04:55:36 pm »

If you win a medal I will be cheering for you. If your name goes up on the screen, let us know later how long it takes for it to sink in, and say hey that's me!  ;D
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline braufessor

• Brewer
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2015, 09:21:14 pm »

Yeah, I have had mini BOS the past two years......... no medals here either.  Only have one shot this year - which is great, but I am not getting any too optimistic about it.   Hopefully, one of these years, I can snag an NHC medal.

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2015, 08:44:33 am »
That's why I plan to bring a bomber of my entry and it's 'scotch barrel aged' variant to share with my table.  That way we can all complain about how it was obviously rigged since we're drinking it and it's awesome.  And the alcohol will help soothe my pain.  lol  But seriously, I consider even advancing pretty cool, but I've only been back on the competition scene a couple years now (after a 16-17 year hiatus), so I'm just getting back into the swing of brewing to style.  I'll be sitting with the ZEALOTS, so if you're interested in a wee nip, hit me up.

Offline noblesquirrel

• Cellarman
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2015, 11:45:30 am »

If you win a medal I will be cheering for you. If your name goes up on the screen, let us know later how long it takes for it to sink in, and say hey that's me!  ;D

That's exactly what happened to me 2 years ago, was pretty much in shock that I had medalled. It's a pretty sweet feeling, plus you get all sorts of random stuff when you medal, too.
Brian Eichhorn -BJCP #C0839
Grandmaster I/Mead Judge

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2015, 12:50:27 pm »
Got my American Barleywine through to the final round with a gold in NYC.  We shall see how she stacks up against the rest this year...

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2015, 01:47:06 pm »
Got my American Barleywine through to the final round with a gold in NYC.  We shall see how she stacks up against the rest this year...
My AB made it through with bronze in Seattle.  See you in San Diego and good luck!
Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brewers
Clubs: Oregon Brew Crew & Strange Brew
BJCP Certified