Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Single Counter-pressure Bottle Filler...  (Read 3178 times)

Offline mxrob

• 1st Kit
  • StoneHouse Brewer
    • StoneHouse Brewery
Single Counter-pressure Bottle Filler...
« on: April 01, 2015, 08:36:20 am »
Not that there is anything wrong with a Blichmann Beer Gun but if you do enough bottling you know pulling that trigger after a few cases gets to be pretty old. So I researched the CP fillers. I wanted to be able to "free hand" the fill and be able to do 12 or 22 oz bottles during the same run... quick adjustability was important for my design. I purchased one of the Morebeer.com Counter Pressure Bottle Fillers and made an adjustable stand with the CP unit attached to a block that pivots. The base plate is a stainless low surface area (a lot of bumps) plate so the bottles slide in and out easy while the rubber plug is compressed for a good seal. Now maybe we can avoid carpal tunnel surgery altogether.  :P

Unit shown with a 22oz bottle....

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 08:44:55 am by mxrob »

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
Re: Single Counter-pressure Bottle Filler...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 08:37:42 am »
pretty fancy.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 08:38:33 am »
Really nice build.
Jon H.

Offline mxrob

• 1st Kit
  • StoneHouse Brewer
    • StoneHouse Brewery
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 09:00:51 am »
Thanks guys..... I've actually made a change to the unit that removes the pressure control valve (regulator) since this initial picture was taken. I found that taking over the counter-pressure control manually with a 1/4 turn stainless ball valve was far more productive (bottle fill time) and clean as I have a bleed hose off the other side of the valve routed to a growler to catch the overflow. This allows me to fill the bottles right to the bottom of the valve every time and I catch the small amount of foam overflow instead of it drooling out out of the original regulator assembly. I'll get some pictures of the mod and post them up soon.       

Offline factory

• Brewer
  • Virginia Beach, VA
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 08:25:04 am »
Sweet!