Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Maryland Homebrewers!!!!!!!!  (Read 2045 times)

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
Maryland Homebrewers!!!!!!!!
« on: May 19, 2010, 08:27:03 pm »
Hey guys, I live in Sequim, Wa.  About as northwest as northwest can get in this great country of ours. (except Alaska)  Anyway, planning to visit a friend in Gaithersburg, Md, sometime this summer.  Would love to combine with meeting some home brewers for the East Coast.  Any events going on in Montgomery County?  Or within an hour or so of Gaithersburg/Rockville?

I am excited, because Dogfish Head now has a place there.

Offline bosoxbrent

• 1st Kit
    • MacAloney.net
Re: Maryland Homebrewers!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 08:02:30 pm »
I don't know of much going on this summer right now, especially in Montgomery County.

I do know of the Northern Virginia Summer Brewfest in Leesburg, VA on June 26/27 (within driving distance).  I went to this in the past when it was at the Old Dominion Brewing Company facilities.  It was pretty good but crowded.  Plenty of beer though.  Here's the link:  http://novabrewfest.com/summer/

Towards the end of the summer (8/20-22) a bunch of the MD homebrewer clubs go out to the sticks of Maryland for a weekend of camping and drinking at an event called Mashout.  I've never been but I plan on going this year.  I hear that is a great time.

Other than that, I'm not sure what is going on.  You can check out my homebrew club's (CSI Homebrew Club - Baltimore) event calendar.  We will add things as we learn about them.  http://www.csibc.net/calendar.htm

If nothing is going on, you can always tour Clipper City / Heavy Seas and Flying Dog for tours of their brewing facilities.  Some breweries in PA aren't that far away either.

Hopefully that helps.

-Brent

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 08:08:44 pm »
Thanks

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 08:42:34 pm »
Hmm, that NoVa brewfest is right down the road.  I might have to check that out.
Clint
Wort Hogs