Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Interesting carbonation session.  (Read 2653 times)

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
Interesting carbonation session.
« on: March 29, 2015, 05:42:52 pm »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DRXwLchVFG4

If you have one hour to spare.
They also talk about nitrogenating beers.
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline anthony

• Brewer
  • Hoppy to help!
    • Triptych
Re: Interesting carbonation session.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 07:58:54 am »
One of the things I found interesting in this video is that they seem to be against check valves on carbonation stones since they make the stones have inconsistent wetting pressures... but what is the alternative? I can't believe that they recommend not having any way to prevent beer back flow into CO2 lines.

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 08:34:06 am »
One of the things I found interesting in this video is that they seem to be against check valves on carbonation stones since they make the stones have inconsistent wetting pressures... but what is the alternative? I can't believe that they recommend not having any way to prevent beer back flow into CO2 lines.

The only option is to have a 1/4" shut off valve between the carbonation stone and the CO2 line.

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 08:58:20 am »

Rig something akin to a plumbing air gap? I suppose putting an empty keg "in line" in between the regulator and the full keg would do that.
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 04:56:26 am »
I use a shut off valve (no check valve). If someone forgets to close the shut off valve beer will back into the line. But there really isn't any reason to forget (though it does happen with new guys.)