Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Chest Freezer 101  (Read 2303 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Chest Freezer 101
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 10:01:43 am »
That first morning with a chest freezer and you open the door up and see your beer chugging away and the temp is right where it should be  ;D

I LOVE that!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 11:06:55 am »
It's a great feeling
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2015, 06:00:09 pm »
What size freezer and fermenter is that? I've been lusting after one of those fermenters.

That is a 20L (~5.28 gallons) Speidel in a shiny new GE 7 cu.ft. freezer (linked below). It fits my 30L (~8 gallons) fine as well. I can't say enough about the fermenters, perfect in every way!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-7-0-cu-ft-Chest-Freezer-in-White-FCM7SHWW/205462818

Thanks I was interested in how the spiedel fit.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis