Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: First Recipe design  (Read 4716 times)

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: First Recipe design
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2015, 06:12:11 pm »
I'd throw in DFH, too. Very sweet IPAs. Sickly, as Denny would say.

You have to be getting old product.  DFH 90-minute IPA is anything but sweet when it is new. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a0lXC8m3tnA

I think that is definitely partly the case, and partly just the difference in our tastes in IPA. In general, I find most DFH beers to taste pretty underattenuated .
Jon H.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2015, 06:16:28 pm »
I'd throw in DFH, too. Very sweet IPAs. Sickly, as Denny would say.

You have to be getting old product.  DFH 90-minute IPA is anything but sweet when it is new. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a0lXC8m3tnA

I think that is definitely partly the case, and partly just the difference in our tastes in IPA. In general, I find most DFH beers to taste pretty underattenuated .

yeah, I do not like the 90 or 120 minute IPA. They are cloying and un-quaffable. 60 min is pretty good. I'm not a fan of most DFH beers. I get what they are trying to do and kudos to them for finding that niche but please give me something I can drink more than 8 oz of!

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2015, 06:22:34 pm »
yeah, I do not like the 90 or 120 minute IPA. They are cloying and un-quaffable. 60 min is pretty good. I'm not a fan of most DFH beers. I get what they are trying to do and kudos to them for finding that niche but please give me something I can drink more than 8 oz of!

Yeah. Actually I like a few of their beers, but not the hoppy ones. Hops and sweetness (to me) makes it hard to finish even one.
Jon H.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2015, 06:48:17 pm »
Seems like just about every beer I have had from them has been a novelty in one way or another. Just not my style I guess.

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2015, 07:24:01 pm »
Hugh Sisson made a wise move when locating Clipper City Brewing.   It's located on the same street that a regional brewery that pumped out a million barrels of beer a year up until about fifteen years ago; thereby, guaranteeing that brewing water will never be a problem.

I'm going to guess that that was the old National Bohemian brewery, but when they left the area I was 16.

I haven't had any DFH 60 in a while, I'm going to have to grab a six pack and try it again.
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.