Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Sierra Nevada HopHunter  (Read 8097 times)

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Sierra Nevada HopHunter
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2015, 12:48:28 pm »
Bought my first twelver last week and have been enjoying a couple each night.  Super drinkable with nice citrusy/floral aroma.  Fairly light body and super drinkable!  Hope they keep this one around.

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2015, 09:48:14 am »
Finally- I've found it in my area.
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline ultravista

• Brewer
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2015, 09:50:02 am »
I found it in Mesquite Nevada last weekend. A great tasting beer. Makes me want to get some distilled hop oils for my own batches.

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2015, 01:22:32 pm »
Sure does smell and look nice in the glass! Tastes even better!
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2015, 12:57:31 pm »
I had one in the back of the fridge to test out the hop aroma after over a month.  The article where Ken Grossman talked about the aroma in the hop oils remaining strong years later does seem (to me) to carry over in the bottle. The aroma is noticeably stronger than typical IPAs after this same amount of time. I wonder how much they plan to make in relation to their other year rounds. It's still very hard to find here.
Jon H.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2015, 09:02:02 pm »
I finally was able to give this a try tonight. The hop aroma was great, and there was a really nice amount of hop flavor, much more than the typical commercial IPA. My main complaint is that I definitely picked up a bit of onion. It was right near the edge of what I can tolerate before the beer becomes unenjoyable. But otherwise, whatever they're doing is sure working out well in this beer.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2015, 02:27:10 am »
I finally was able to give this a try tonight. The hop aroma was great, and there was a really nice amount of hop flavor, much more than the typical commercial IPA. My main complaint is that I definitely picked up a bit of onion. It was right near the edge of what I can tolerate before the beer becomes unenjoyable. But otherwise, whatever they're doing is sure working out well in this beer.
It finally showed up in the Gorge. It wasn't until I read your post that I got onion. Not on flavor but in the aroma, and very faint so it might be power of suggestion.

I'm not a huge IPA fan, I like a good one, but its not one of my go to styles. That said, this is a tasty one. At least for a piney IPA. Its very fragrant of Nobel Fir and cedar bows with tangelo background. Reminds me of Christmas. Beautiful bright yellow with a quick fading white head. Very clear for a hoppy beer. Fir bows and orange zest forward flavor. Not much malt to be found. Clean chico type fruity esters. Slightly alcohol warmth. Medium body, cean and dry. Lingering piney aftertaste. Drinkable and even though im not an IPA fan, I could do two or three of these no sweat.