Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Who is a famous person that you've had a beer with?  (Read 13541 times)

Offline dhacker

• Brewmaster
Re: Who is a famous person that you've had a beer with?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2009, 06:17:17 pm »
hmmm

Just a few

Joey Ramone (on several occasions in several places but most notably Pauls Lounge)

George Benson (well he had a glass of Wine)

Peter Gabriel (A long time ago at the Ritz in NYC)

Edward Ellington (Dukes Grandson who I used to work with)

and Many More...

Now peter Gabriel would be a guy I could enjoy having several pints with over the course of an evening . . Or Phil Collins, or Tony Banks, or Mike Rutherford, or Steve Hackett . . . .
Just brew it...

Offline skotrat

• Assistant Brewer
  • Well then... There you go...
    • Skotrats Homebrew Website
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 06:20:28 pm »

Now peter Gabriel would be a guy I could enjoy having several pints with over the course of an evening . . Or Phil Collins, or Tony Banks, or Mike Rutherford, or Steve Hackett . . . .

Honestly... I did not know it was him until almost the end of the conversation that is the magic of that night.

I could start listing musicians that I have had a beer with on here but honestly I have an unfair advantage over most of ya

Offline novabrew

• Cellarman
  • Springfield, VA
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 07:44:20 pm »
Shirly Manson from the band Garbage.  I received back stage passes for one of their concerts and was able to hang out and chat with them after their show.  I had beers with the entire band but didn't talk to the dudes that much. ;D

I'm with you there man!  Is Shirley as gorgeous in person as she is in pictures?  That sure beats my Billy Carter story.
This was around 95 or 96 and yes, she was gorgeous!  She was very down to Earth, I enjoyed talking with her.  And her Scottish accent had nothing to do with it.

Offline Pawtucket Patriot

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Rebelling against cheap swill since 2005
    • Bauhaus Brew Labs
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 07:45:06 pm »
I had a beer with actor James Marsden, who played cyclops in the X-Men movies.  He was also in Superman Returns.

I had several beers with country music figures when I lived in Nashville.  Terri Clark bought me a beer at Tootsie's once...haha.

Oh, and this is pretty lame, but I've had beers with Gavin Rossdale of Bush, the guys in Maroon 5, Sister Hazel, Leigh Nash of Sixpence (I grew up with her ex-husband) and plenty of other rock n roll has-beens back when I was playing in my band.

edit: I just remembered that I had a beer with Josh Homme in NYC when my band opened for Eagles of Death Metal.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 06:39:05 pm by Pawtucket Patriot »
Matt Schwandt | Minneapolis, MN
AHA Member

Partial-Mash Pictorial
All-Grain Pictorial

Offline tesla_hv

• Cellarman
  • Captain Conundrum
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 07:46:33 pm »
Shirly Manson from the band Garbage.  I received back stage passes for one of their concerts and was able to hang out and chat with them after their show.  I had beers with the entire band but didn't talk to the dudes that much. ;D

I'm with you there man!  Is Shirley as gorgeous in person as she is in pictures?  That sure beats my Billy Carter story.
This was around 95 or 96 and yes, she was gorgeous!  She was very down to Earth, I enjoyed talking with her.  And her Scottish accent had nothing to do with it.
I love the red hair...
Yeast Starters: none
Primary: Piney the Conifer
Secondary: Pliny the Elder, Scottish Wee Heavy
Bottled: Undead-Guy Ale, Habanero IPA, Belgian Tripel IPA, Blind Pig, "Island Zombie" Ale, Apple/Rasp Hard Cider

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 08:30:57 pm »

Mmmm...Shirley Manson :-*. My brush with greatness: TimO!  :D
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline timo

• Cellarman
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 08:40:49 pm »

Mmmm...Shirley Manson :-*. My brush with greatness: TimO!  :D

Gee, thanks maxie....I guess.....

Had dinner with Alex Karas years ago. Had dinner with Eric Hipple, ex QB for Lions, but he is Mormon so he didn't imbibe.
Had a beer with my Dad and Jack Roush a few years back.
To ensure perfect aim, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.This works in brewing, too.

Offline dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 05:00:08 am »

Once upon a time, I worshipped Tony Banks.  Got all his solo albums, even, including the dry orchestral one, Seven.  But I don't know.... maybe he's less intense after he's liquored up.  But I think the most interesting conversations would come out of Peter and maybe Steve.  Yeah... any of them would be cool to enjoy a pint with.
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline Pawtucket Patriot

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Rebelling against cheap swill since 2005
    • Bauhaus Brew Labs
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 10:58:09 am »
I'll add that my wife had moonshine out of a ball jar with ZZ Top.  Not beer, but a pretty good story nonetheless.   ;D
Matt Schwandt | Minneapolis, MN
AHA Member

Partial-Mash Pictorial
All-Grain Pictorial

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 11:25:53 am »
I once had a beer with Dave Barry while he was here appearing as a dead man in an opera!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline skotrat

• Assistant Brewer
  • Well then... There you go...
    • Skotrats Homebrew Website
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 11:41:30 am »

Offline niquejim

• Cellarman
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2009, 06:13:15 pm »
My FIL was listed as one of the 20 "most influetial minds of the new economy" by Business 2.0 magazine
Burrowing Owl Brewery----Better things for better living...Through Debauchery and Inebriation

brewboy

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2009, 06:46:25 pm »
There are very "celebrities" that I would even bother having a beer with.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 09:47:39 am by brewboy »

Offline mariojr

• 1st Kit
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2009, 06:57:17 pm »

Once upon a time, I worshipped Tony Banks.  Got all his solo albums, even, including the dry orchestral one, Seven.  But I don't know.... maybe he's less intense after he's liquored up.  But I think the most interesting conversations would come out of Peter and maybe Steve.  Yeah... any of them would be cool to enjoy a pint with.

Would love to try and talk Peter into handing over the only 'full' live recording of the Lamb.

I'm not sure if it sucks or if it is good that every band can afford to record every live performance these days.

Mario

Offline bigdog

• 1st Kit
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2009, 10:07:48 pm »
I had a few beers with Redskins players Doug Williams and Dave Butz and basketball player Danny Ferry at a private party when I was only about 18 years old. Actually I'm sure that I was drinking Budweiser or Miller Lite at that point in my life, so maybe that doesn't qualify as having a beer.

Also, my brother and I enjoyed a Christmas toast with Vince Vaughn at a bar in LA in 2001 (think "Swingers" Vince Vaughn, not "The Break-up" Vince Vaughn).