Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Keezer Build: Faucets on the Collar or Towers?  (Read 17532 times)

Offline mxrob

• 1st Kit
  • StoneHouse Brewer
    • StoneHouse Brewery
Re: Keezer Build: Faucets on the Collar or Towers?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2015, 03:34:59 pm »
Those two towers look really nice.  I am building a top to a new keezer build this week and still don't know which way i am going to go..

Thanks! Yeah, if you need the keezer to be up against a wall the long way it is tough with top mounted towers. Our setup required a side arrangement so we are able to open the top with no issues.

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 09:19:45 pm »
Mine is sitting on a stand on heavy duty casters. Rolls back and forth like a charm. Takes nothing to roll it out from the wall, change kegs etc and roll it back. I really prefer the tower look personally although there are some really nice collar ones too. Towers just look more professional to me.

Offline mxrob

• 1st Kit
  • StoneHouse Brewer
    • StoneHouse Brewery
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2015, 08:16:02 am »
Mine is sitting on a stand on heavy duty casters. Rolls back and forth like a charm. Takes nothing to roll it out from the wall, change kegs etc and roll it back. I really prefer the tower look personally although there are some really nice collar ones too. Towers just look more professional to me.

Hmmm, interesting... never thought of putting it on casters. Good idea....

Offline tonyccopeland

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2015, 09:36:52 am »
Thanks to everyone for the great pics on this thread.  It looks like my new keezer will be allowed in the house per SWMBO. Just placed an order for two dual stainless perlick towers to avoid sticks and dress it up a bit, hope they last...  It is the largest investment I have made to date, but can't wait... I did a platform with coasters and co2 tank space on mine to help move it around.
-Tony

Offline tonyp

• Brewmaster
  • If it ain't broke you aren't trying hard enough...
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2015, 09:34:26 pm »
I know you already bought the towers but I think the biggest reason I'm going with the collar for mine is the fact that if something goes wrong with the freezer, you can literally swap out the collar onto the new freezer with a minimal amount of work and the old freezer isn't damaged in any way.

The thought of cutting holes into the top of an insulated freezer lid gives me the willies, it can't be undone and you will have to do the same amount of work again if you need to replace the lid. Plus, try explaining those holes to the warranty company.

And hey, I'm not lazy, I'm efficient;)
Live from the Jersey Shore!

Phrases for Creatives, #22:
"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter."

Offline tonyccopeland

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2015, 10:29:10 am »
I'm going to leave the lid untouched, mostly because this igloo freezer has a curved lid and I plan to trim it out with polyurethaned pine to hide the platform as well.
-Tony

Offline tonyccopeland

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 12:41:02 pm »
Pretty excited about my new keezer. These new stainless perlicks are great taps.
-Tony

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2015, 03:07:47 pm »
Nice job! Mine is on casters as well, it allows me to roll the whole unit outside for BBQs, etc as well as move around the house for cleaning.
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010