Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: My first big beer. Will it carb?  (Read 3012 times)

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: My first big beer. Will it carb?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 05:21:27 am »
You will be fine if you just rehydrate whatever amount you plan on adding to carbonate your beer into the bottling bucket.  If you are worried about osmotic pressure, you may want to consider allowing some of your racked beer to mix well with the priming sugar first before adding your rehydrated yeast to still allow it to blend in well. 

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 11:02:58 am »
You will be fine if you just rehydrate whatever amount you plan on adding to carbonate your beer into the bottling bucket.  If you are worried about osmotic pressure, you may want to consider allowing some of your racked beer to mix well with the priming sugar first before adding your rehydrated yeast to still allow it to blend in well.

In his bottling process he is not using a bottling bucket. He is going directly from fermentor to bottle and adding simple syrup to the beer bottles out of a spray bottle.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline Philbrew

• Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 12:37:11 pm »

In his bottling process he is not using a bottling bucket. He is going directly from fermentor to bottle and adding simple syrup to the beer bottles out of a spray bottle.
I can also squirt a shot per bottle of rehydrated yeast in water out of the same spray bottle.
Many of us would be on a strict liquid diet if it weren't for pretzels.

Offline brewinhard

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2015, 03:32:48 pm »

My bad, I skipped right over that...Sorry.

Offline unclebrazzie

• Brewer
  • Edegem - Belgium
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2015, 11:50:03 pm »

My bad, I skipped right over that...Sorry.
Ah me too. Apologies.
All truth is fiction.
--Don Quichote