Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Funktown Pale Ale - The Yeast Bay  (Read 1677 times)

Offline francisbisson

• 1st Kit
Funktown Pale Ale - The Yeast Bay
« on: April 14, 2015, 09:55:15 am »
Has anyone ever brewed with this yeast strain?  Funktown Pale Ale
I tried to find how long fermentation is before bottling with this yeast strain (Vermont Ale with Brettanomyces Bruxellensis Trois)

I was thinking of trying 67-69 ºF for 3-4 days and 72 ºF for 4 weeks.
Is this ok with Brett?
Frank Bisson
Granby (Qc)

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
Re: Funktown Pale Ale - The Yeast Bay
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 10:00:57 am »
that depends on when the yeast finish fermenting the beer ;D

With brett it's even more important to monitor your gravity and wait to bottle till it stops changing over the course of a week or so.

Although, apparently the trois is not brett. Still it seems to behave like brett so...
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 12:12:23 pm »

With brett it's even more important to monitor your gravity and wait to bottle till it stops changing over the course of a week or so.

Although, apparently the trois is not brett. Still it seems to behave like brett so...

I wonder if Yeast Bay is using White Lab's Brett Trois or their own. WLP644 is Saccharomyces, but other yeast suppliers have a different source that is supposedly from Drie Fonteinen.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 12:57:49 pm »

I wonder if Yeast Bay is using White Lab's Brett Trois or their own. WLP644 is Saccharomyces, but other yeast suppliers have a different source that is supposedly from Drie Fonteinen.

+1.  If it is the brett strain and not the sacch. then you may need to give it more time to reach an acceptable terminal gravity prior to bottling (1.005-1.006 at most).  As mentioned above, the time restraints will be determined by how far down the Vermont strain works its wonders first.