Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Question About Beer CO2 Absorption  (Read 4971 times)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: Question About Beer CO2 Absorption
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 04:38:16 pm »
I've found that over time the metal head of the poppit wears away at the post. Had a small leak from several gas poppits and under magnification there were scalloped grooves in the rim where the poppit mates with the post. They would cause the poppit to re-seat incorrectly when I removed the QD.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2015, 05:26:08 pm »

I've found that over time the metal head of the poppit wears away at the post. Had a small leak from several gas poppits and under magnification there were scalloped grooves in the rim where the poppit mates with the post. They would cause the poppit to re-seat incorrectly when I removed the QD.
Woah, you certainly go deep in your keg leak investigations.

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Question About Beer CO2 Absorption
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 05:51:19 pm »
I have some leaky poppets with rubber gaskets that look great to the naked eye. Thanks for the explanation. I feel better about ordering new ones now.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 05:54:37 pm by alestateyall »

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2015, 10:23:03 am »
I have some leaky poppets with rubber gaskets that look great to the naked eye. Thanks for the explanation. I feel better about ordering new ones now.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis