Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Hofbräuhaus time  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
Hofbräuhaus time
« on: April 25, 2015, 04:57:33 pm »
At the hof with friends for my wife's birthday. Pils and bock are he seasonal, and very tasty.
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
Re: Hofbräuhaus time
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 05:30:49 pm »
Shotski time
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army

Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 05:37:38 pm »
Love some Hofbrauhaus. Think I'm going to Newport sometime in May - Maibock. 'Nuff said.
Jon H.

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 05:44:50 pm »
Yes. Memorial weaken for us
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army

Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 06:04:59 pm »
If I didn't have family coming in that weekend, we'd go then. We probably will go in a couple weeks.
Jon H.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 05:46:40 am »
I was just at the one on Panama City Beach a few weeks ago when we were visiting my inlaws. They had a Märzen as their seasonal and it was phenomenal. The first time I went there I thought most of their beers were just OK/nothing special, but this beer was killer.

The best part was hearing the waitress with a serious drawl mangle every single German word. I had to ask her 3 times what the seasonal beer was until I realized she meant Märzen. I had to try really hard not to be "that guy" and correct her pronunciation of words like spaetzle.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 06:02:22 am »
I was just at the one on Panama City Beach a few weeks ago when we were visiting my inlaws. They had a Märzen as their seasonal and it was phenomenal. The first time I went there I thought most of their beers were just OK/nothing special, but this beer was killer.

The best part was hearing the waitress with a serious drawl mangle every single German word. I had to ask her 3 times what the seasonal beer was until I realized she meant Märzen. I had to try really hard not to be "that guy" and correct her pronunciation of words like spaetzle.
We would correct her then the Germans would correct us. I thought I was doing a decent job pronouncing" hefeweizen" to a German guy at work a couple weeks ago and he said what?, I repeated it,  and he said" oh,  hefeweizen, yes." And I would not have recognized it as "hefeweizen" out of context.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 06:22:56 am »

We would correct her then the Germans would correct us. I thought I was doing a decent job pronouncing" hefeweizen" to a German guy at work a couple weeks ago and he said what?, I repeated it,  and he said" oh,  hefeweizen, yes." And I would not have recognized it as "hefeweizen" out of context.

'Hay-fuh vyt-zen', right? A local German American club here puts on an Oktoberfest every year. I've been corrected on a lot of pronunciations there.  ;)
Jon H.

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 07:44:17 am »
I don't know much German, but what I thought I knew has been corrected repeatedly by SWMBO,  who is 100% German and grew up with family speaking the language
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 10:02:09 am »

'Hay-fuh vyt-zen', right? A local German American club here puts on an Oktoberfest every year. I've been corrected on a lot of pronunciations there.  ;)
Yep. I was pronouncing the first syllable" hef". I learned most of my German from Hogan's Heroes.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 11:15:58 am »
Yep. I was pronouncing the first syllable" hef". I learned most of my German from Hogan's Heroes.

Same here, on both counts.   ;D
Jon H.

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 11:31:38 am »

That's pretty funny and sounds about right
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)