Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Aggregate Club Competition Results  (Read 2033 times)

Offline kcbeersnob

• 1st Kit
Aggregate Club Competition Results
« on: April 10, 2015, 07:53:07 am »
I don't see a way on the AHA website to search for aggregate competition winners by club (i.e., all medals won by members of a given club based on the club listed upon entry registration).  Am I missing it?  If this does not exits, it would be a great new feature. 

I'd prefer to avoid manually tracking competition winners for our club, when this is already available in a database.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 07:55:51 am by kcbeersnob »

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
Re: Aggregate Club Competition Results
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 09:34:17 am »
There isn't a way to sort by club, AFAIK.

Would be interesting to see how some of the larger clubs are "gaming" the Club of the Year system. Our club (KC Bier Meisters) entered a few different regions, but it obviously didn't pan out as well as QUAFF, who I see is in at least 3 of the 5 reported regions as winners. Wonder if this will be the year that the BN doesn't win COTY.
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 09:59:20 am »
The BN took 8 medals in the NYC region.  One positive thing about not going to NHC this year is hearing the booing and whining when the BN wins COTY...I've heard it that last 3 years.  :'(
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 11:44:05 am »
The BN took 8 medals in the NYC region.  One positive thing about not going to NHC this year is hearing the booing and whining when the BN wins COTY...I've heard it that last 3 years.  :'(

In order for the booing to stop, I think will have to be a system like GABF where there is a "Small COTY", "Mid-size COTY", and "Large COTY". Sure, there is the Gambrinus, but that still doesn't allow tiny - but still epic - clubs to get any attention (or mid-sized ones either).
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 11:46:35 am »

In order for the booing to stop, I think will have to be a system like GABF where there is a "Small COTY", "Mid-size COTY", and "Large COTY". Sure, there is the Gambrinus, but that still doesn't allow tiny - but still epic - clubs to get any attention (or mid-sized ones either).

I like that idea!  It would give more clubs a better chance at competing...