Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Homebrewing and children bad??  (Read 8713 times)

Offline pliskadm

• 1st Kit
Re: Homebrewing and children bad??
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2010, 12:49:01 pm »
Thanks for your help everyone.  The inspector lady came and just peeked in the garage.  She saw nothing out of the ordinary and then said she never even heard of such a thing as homebrewing and added that she wouldn't even know what it looked like. It all comes down to peoples perceptions about this hobby.  I almost get offended when people say that they could see how I look like an alcoholic,  and more so when people say that my equipment looks like some drug manufacturing lab.  It just goes to show one how ignorant people can really begin to ruin your day.  But I try not to worry and just have a homebrew!

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2010, 01:43:47 pm »
Glad to hear about the positive outcome.  Good luck brother!

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2010, 02:10:27 pm »
I almost get offended when people say that they could see how I look like an alcoholic,

I get offended too, but then I just go get drunk and forget about them.

Offline IHBHS

• Assistant Brewer
    • Ice Harbor Brewing Co.
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2010, 05:01:27 pm »
I almost get offended when people say that they could see how I look like an alcoholic,  and more so when people say that my equipment looks like some drug manufacturing lab.

When I first started homebrewing I brought individual pieces into my place and so nothing looked suspicious, but when i moved my equipment was one full load.  The crazy neighbor lady actually called the cops because she thought I was bringing a meth lab into my house.  I had to sit there and explain to the cops that it was a homebrewing setup and not a meth lab.  He actually came back when he was off and drank a couple homebrews with me.
Ice Harbor Brewing Co.
www.iceharbor.com

Offline medicineman

• 1st Kit
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2010, 09:43:44 pm »
My landlord had my house evaluated for property taxes.  I had my garage door open and they though I was distilling (had the IC in the kettle).  I explained that I was brewing beer and then they asked some good questions about beer in general.  Everything was fine, I don't think they cared but were concerned for everyone's safety.