Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Sorry Guest, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is set to expire October 13, 2024, 08:19:18 am.

Author Topic: Fairbanks at Last!  (Read 1891 times)

Offline jaftak22

• Assistant Brewer
Fairbanks at Last!
« on: April 28, 2015, 12:23:21 pm »
Looking for any like minded people that live in Fairbanks, Alaska. What I am wanting to do is start a club that would meet on a monthly basis. There is a club in Fairbanks that meets only like twice a year. So if you live in the area and would like to be involved in this we need to start this thing up! This will be my first opportunity to be in a club so my experience is almost no existent but that shouldn't deter us. We can figure this thing out together.

Offline akwarmike

• 1st Kit
Re: Fairbanks at Last!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 11:34:25 pm »
Sweet, welcome to the frozen north.  I live on the Kenai Peninsula kind of far away, to join you.  Just wanted to say hi.
Homebrewing since 1998

On Tap: Zero Dark Thirty (Cascadian Dark Ale)
Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Next Up: Banane Hängematte (Bavarian Hefeweizen)

BEER IS PROOF GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY - Ben Franklin

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: Fairbanks at Last!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 06:49:09 am »
My sister lives in Fairbanks. Not a brewer tho. I was up there for Thanksgiving and tried some of the local beers and Silver Gulch in particular.

Didn't seem like anyone was shy about drinking. In fact looks to me like a "drinking town" with reasonable prices. I really enjoyed the Blue Loon- got drunk, saw Guardians of the Galaxy one night and a comic the next evening.

What does this have with your original post? Nothing. But Fairbanks is pretty cool.

Might be that you'll need to find some more like minded and start a new club that meets more often.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis