Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What's for dinner?  (Read 18119 times)

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
Re: What's for dinner?
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2009, 10:41:33 am »
Not me!  I'm terrible at Yorkshire pudding.  Love good British food, but lack the skill and experience to churn out a good YP.

Hey nic  isn't good British food an oxymoron? ;)
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Lat 40* 6 m. 2.24 s. Long -74* 51 m. 21.75 s.
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2009, 05:18:11 pm »
Not me!  I'm terrible at Yorkshire pudding.  Love good British food, but lack the skill and experience to churn out a good YP.

I think the main ingredient in YP sauce is rasins, it is kinda like A1 sauce in that that has raisins too. I dont put either on my steaks, or roast beef.  I like them unfettered with just the aux jus.

There are a lot of great old beef houses in London. There is one that is a chain. Aubergines or something it is called. Great stuff.

I love English food. It is simple but good stick to your ribs food. We make fish and chips alot here and english breakfasts; fried eggs with fried tomatoes, mushrooms and baked beans.

London is a Mecca for good food, although I think that is mostly cause of the diverse immigrant population rather than the native cuisine.
Beer, its whats for dinner.

http://theholyravioli.blogspot.com/

http:// www.thecapo.us

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2009, 07:25:57 pm »
London probably has good food, but as you say its less about British food.  I think the highest expression of British food is in (what I understand to be) the vastly depleting countryside of England, the place that gave us Berkshire hogs, and vegetables grown with an inordinate amount of pride.  British country cooking is simple, but elegant in its simplicity, I think.  Give me a pork and apple pie over any silly pretentious continental dish drowned in some sort of something-aise sauce, any day!

Offline loopy

• Brewer
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2009, 07:18:46 pm »
i'v been to london three times, and the food is really bad.  I work for a british company, and even they say the same thing as they come to houston and try american/mexican food.  I did find a decent steakhouse in canary wharf, in the 20 canada square area.  except for offering to put mustard on it, it wasnt bad. 

--
for tonights contribution to the thread, how about some chicken legs, rubbed in jalapeno salt and chili pequin seasoning.  grilled over mesquite hearts.