Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What is a good brand/size mini-fridge to make a kegerator?  (Read 4548 times)

Offline Philbrew

• Brewmaster
I want to build a two tap kegerator but am having trouble finding a mini-fridge with enough width to fit two Pepsi style cornys.  Any suggestions?  Also are there better/worse brands in reliability?
Many of us would be on a strict liquid diet if it weren't for pretzels.

Offline ramosSD

• 1st Kit
Re: What is a good brand/size mini-fridge to make a kegerator?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 01:54:40 pm »
The link below seems like a good place to start with regards to finding a fridge/freezer that will fit your cornys.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=377518

Offline brew inspector

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 02:39:37 pm »
I built my two tap from a Danby Designer series.  Cooling element Is on the back wall for clearance and drilling the top for the taps. They will just fit with the co2 tank sitting  on the back ledge.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 03:16:12 pm by brew inspector »

Offline Philbrew

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 03:05:49 pm »
I built my two tap from a Danby Designer series.  Element s on the back for clearance and filling the top for the tap. They just fit
I assume you used the "all refrigerator" model. That looks like it would work.  Thanks for the tip.

Offline brew inspector

• Cellarman
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 03:19:41 pm »
Yes.  All refrigerator.  Conversion was easy enough. I even found a step by step how to website at the time.  Using that helped relieve some of the fear of doing it wrong and destroying a new purchase.

Offline Philbrew

• Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 08:11:38 pm »
Yes.  All refrigerator.  Conversion was easy enough. I even found a step by step how to website at the time.  Using that helped relieve some of the fear of doing it wrong and destroying a new purchase.
I may go with that unit.  Danby's reviews are full of "received damaged" complaints.  Wal-Mart has it online for $199.  I'll do a ship it site-to-store and inspect the bejeebers out of it before I pay up and take it home.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 12:53:51 pm by Philbrew »