Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Census 2010  (Read 5086 times)

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Census 2010
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 02:58:30 pm »
Beware of fake census takers
http://www.macon.com/2010/05/11/1123723/beware-of-fake-census-takers.html

A census taker will not ask for your Social Security, credit card or bank account numbers nor will he or she ask to enter your house for any reason.

Nice, so if Cap had any high dollar items out on display he woulda already been whacked! You're lucky you're alive man!
The moral majority, is neither.

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Lat 40* 6 m. 2.24 s. Long -74* 51 m. 21.75 s.
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 06:33:03 pm »
Im not to worried. Looks like both the woman and the man are about 95. Plus I dont really own anything of value (including my house)  We live a little more than Buddhists. Before I met my wife, I lived for 20 years without a TV.

After reading that I am concerned though.The woman had a badge, but she did ask to come in.

I haven't heard from them lately. When is this going to be over? In 2011?

Beer, its whats for dinner.

http://theholyravioli.blogspot.com/

http:// www.thecapo.us

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 07:25:32 pm »
After reading that I am concerned though.The woman had a badge, but she did ask to come in.

I'm sure that the training for these folks is likely performed pretty quickly.  She may have missed that "don't" while she was snoozing in class.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 07:47:22 pm »
Im not to worried. Looks like both the woman and the man are about 95. Plus I dont really own anything of value (including my house)  We live a little more than Buddhists. Before I met my wife, I lived for 20 years without a TV.

I haven't heard from them lately. When is this going to be over? In 2011?

Yeah, that's why they haven;t been back. ;)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 12:55:38 am »
I had a similar problem last year with what must have been a "mini census" trial run last year. I was busy cooking and told the interviewer I didn't have time right then and no I didn't have time to answer questions. He was pushy then got very aggressive when I further resisted his efforts. At that point I told him don't get mad it's not personal I'm cooking !@#$% dinner and please leave. He stormed off and later idled past my house with who I assume was his crew-leader and fellow canvassers. All glaring at my house LOL....

A month later an "agent" showed up and wanted to know what happened. She also collected the info dingleberry was supposed to collect... :D

When I got my census I just filled it out, not wanting any more problems.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis