Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: AHA Forum App?  (Read 3375 times)

Offline thetooth

• Assistant Brewer
  • Long Beach, CA
Re: AHA Forum App?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2015, 02:29:29 pm »
I've never tried tapatalk.  I like the idea of having my forums consolidated. Unfortunately, it sounds like it's pretty broken at this point.

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 05:15:36 pm »
I've never tried tapatalk.  I like the idea of having my forums consolidated. Unfortunately, it sounds like it's pretty broken at this point.
I wouldn't say that. They did change the UI a bit a few versions back and some people can't handle change very well...
BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
Cicerone Certified Beer Server
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 05:45:50 pm »
If you surf the forum by only looking at "new" topics (which are what tapatalk let's you surf easily) there isn't a problem. If you prefer to surf the forum by scrolling through topics then it is  a huge problem. I don't need software to think for me, I want it to do what I want it to do.

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2015, 06:29:46 pm »
If you surf the forum by only looking at "new" topics (which are what tapatalk let's you surf easily) there isn't a problem. If you prefer to surf the forum by scrolling through topics then it is  a huge problem. I don't need software to think for me, I want it to do what I want it to do.
Sorry...I still don't get it... If you click the drop down (where the forum title is) you can browse the whole forum...
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2015, 06:37:24 pm »
Sorry...I still don't get it... If you click the drop down (where the forum title is) you can browse the whole forum...
do you mean by clicking on "web view"? I don't see a "browse" option in the drop down.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2015, 06:42:33 pm »
do you mean by clicking on "web view"? I don't see a "browse" option in the drop down.
Sorry... When I posted that if you went to the forums (not in a thread) you could click the name of the forum and it would drop down a browser for the forums. Since I posted that there was an update to tapatalk... Now it's just a straight subfoums browser right in the top nav headers.
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline brew inspector

• Cellarman
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2015, 06:42:46 pm »
No.  The forum title itself.  See the little arrow at the end indicating a drop down. Click the title and all the topics are there.  Seems to work well enough.

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2015, 06:44:15 pm »
No.  The forum title itself.  See the little arrow at the end indicating a drop down. Click the title and all the topics are there.  Seems to work well enough.
Yeah it does but I guess people were having trouble finding it. Looks like they went back to just having it in the nav bar again....
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2015, 06:48:30 pm »
I wish it knew what I was looking for. Usually I don't, so that feature would save a lot of time

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2015, 07:05:20 pm »
Aha! Thank you very much. that should help. That is a tiny little arrow.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2015, 07:08:13 pm »
Well, that is good to know. But how about making this stuff intuitive? Still doesn't address the crashes and glitches but it's a start. And the old one, the more simpler version, was still 100Xs better. They should have a classic mode.

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2015, 07:25:18 pm »
Well, that is good to know. But how about making this stuff intuitive? Still doesn't address the crashes and glitches but it's a start. And the old one, the more simpler version, was still 100Xs better. They should have a classic mode.
Do you get "sorry, tapatalk has stopped" a lot? I do.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2015, 03:49:49 am »
Yes, I have gotten that. I honestly don't use it much except to sometimes check a notification on my phone.

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Bloatarian Brewing League - Cincinnati, OH
    • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2015, 07:25:15 am »

Browsing forums by topic looks like this. 
I can also browse by timeline, trending, unread, etc.  I generally choose unread.  There is a handy checkmark to mark a thread as read if it doesn't interest me. 
As someone showed me a while back, posting a picture with tapatalk is by far the easiest method around.  No uploading to a separate site or copying a link.  Just click the camera button.

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2015, 09:03:53 am »

Browsing forums by topic looks like this. 
I can also browse by timeline, trending, unread, etc.  I generally choose unread.  There is a handy checkmark to mark a thread as read if it doesn't interest me. 
As someone showed me a while back, posting a picture with tapatalk is by far the easiest method around.  No uploading to a separate site or copying a link.  Just click the camera button.
For some forums I use it can be a bit limited on (Xenforo) but I like the tapatalk interface a lot more than I like the Simple Machines interface.
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"