Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Perlick tap gas leak  (Read 1077 times)

Offline laserghost

• 1st Kit
Perlick tap gas leak
« on: May 16, 2015, 02:33:39 pm »
Wondering if that's where my problem is ... I have a 2 tap tower kegerator with 5lb gas tank inside with a new tap rite dual regulator. Two ball lock kegs, 15 ft / tap of silver barrier line and Perlick 525.

Kegerator is at ~40 and regulator ~12.5. Kegs seem to be perfectly carbed once I clear the lines of semi-carbed beer. If it sits in the lines for a few days it loses some carb.

Can't source the leak, help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Frankenbrew

• Brewmaster
Re: Perlick tap gas leak
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 04:04:41 pm »
My guess is that the beer in the lines--15' seems long--is warming enough, so that it's shedding the CO2 while sitting there waiting for your next pour.

Why so long? It seems to me that at 40F, all you'd need would be 5'-7' which would only be a minimal amount of beer in the line which you could either mix in with the carbonated beer in the glass or you could pour out the first couple of ounces and have a great pour without wasting much of your beer.
Frank C.

And thereof comes the proverb: 'Blessing of your
heart, you brew good ale.'

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 05:01:25 am »
My guess is that the beer in the lines--15' seems long--is warming enough, so that it's shedding the CO2 while sitting there waiting for your next pour.

Why so long? It seems to me that at 40F, all you'd need would be 5'-7' which would only be a minimal amount of beer in the line which you could either mix in with the carbonated beer in the glass or you could pour out the first couple of ounces and have a great pour without wasting much of your beer.

+1 mine are 4ft each with 2 tap Perlick..no issues.
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline Werks21

• Assistant Brewer
  • Enterprising brewer and aspiring beer judge
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 08:00:20 pm »
Alot of people have similar problems with Co2 coming out of solution due to the tower not getting cold air/allowing the lines to warm. A fan to cycle air up the tower seems to be the fix.
Jonathan W.
Snohomish WA