Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Sierra Nevada Harvest Single Hop IPA (Idaho 7)  (Read 2559 times)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Sierra Nevada Harvest Single Hop IPA (Idaho 7)
« on: June 03, 2015, 04:42:13 pm »
Anyone else try this yet?

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Sierra Nevada Harvest Single Hop IPA (Idaho 7)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 04:44:01 pm »
I tried it a month or two ago and loved it. I've never had a hop quite like that one. I wish I could find some more. What'd you think of it ?
Jon H.

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 05:18:09 pm »
I had one last week and liked it a lot. Meant to post some notes in your thread Jon but forgot. I have another in the fridge that I may get around to this weekend, if so, will post thoughts then
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 05:31:16 pm »
I think... the distributor that supplies our grocery store sucks. Its the first time I've seen it but it was bottled in February. It says right on it that its good for 100 days, and drink fresh. Its only a month past that. Its short on hop aroma. About all thats left is the bitterness actually. Flavor is citrus pith, and a little grapefruit zest. Long lasting tea leaf after taste. I'd love to try it fresh. This, not so much.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 05:34:37 pm »
I had one last week and liked it a lot. Meant to post some notes in your thread Jon but forgot. I have another in the fridge that I may get around to this weekend, if so, will post thoughts then

I'm hoping those hops trickle down to LHBS sometime soon. I like 'em.   Jim - I wish you coulda had it fresh. Those hops are excellent.
Jon H.

S. cerevisiae

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 11:56:16 am »
I think... the distributor that supplies our grocery store sucks.

I wish that I could purchase beer in a grocery store. 

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 01:16:03 pm »
I think... the distributor that supplies our grocery store sucks.

I wish that I could purchase beer in a grocery store.
I think in Massachusetts a chain can have maybe three liquor licenses so its pretty rare. I don't have a full size grocery in my town but the next town over has a sweet country store with some good craft beers and wines and in the summer there is a farm store in my town that has great homemade ice cream, craft beer, and even a few brewing supplies. They started home brewing a few years ago and last year bought the equipment from a defunct brewery at auction and are currently building a brewery at their farm.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline 69franx

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 09:07:45 am »
Mark, here in Indiana, we can buy beer in a grocery store, but only licensed liquor stores can sell cold beer, and no alcohol on Sundays. Needless to say the drive thru  across the street (Stateline Rd) is packed all day long on Sunday, especially during football season. With no refrigerated sales except in liquor stores, we won't be getting Russian River products anytime soon, even if Vinnie ever decides to expand distribution again
Edit for my poor typing skills
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 11:40:34 am by 69franx »
Frank L.
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 11:28:41 am »
Mark, here in Indiana, we can buy beer in a grocery store, but only licensed liquor stores can sell cold beer, and no alcohol on Sundays. Needless to say the drive through across the street (Stateline Rd) is packed all day long on Sunday, especially during football season. With no refriferated sales except in liquor stores, we won't be getting Russian River products anytime soon, even if Vinnie ever decides to expand distribution again

the alcohol laws around this country still amaze me and just baffle me. i mean really... i can by warm beer but if its cold, its somehow inappropriate??? craziness!

Ohio's most ridiculous is nothing sold before 10am on sundays, and hard liquor purchased in state liquor stores only.
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline 69franx

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 11:32:19 am »
Only allowing warm beer sales I'm told is supposed to lower the frequency of drinking and driving! If you think people buy cold beer to drink in the car on the way home, I guess it lowers the desirability of that but really can't serve any other purpose but to fill the wallets of state licensed liquor stores
Frank L.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2015, 11:38:42 am »
Mark, here in Indiana, we can buy beer in a grocery store, but only licensed liquor stores can sell cold beer, and no alcohol on Sundays. Needless to say the drive through across the street (Stateline Rd) is packed all day long on Sunday, especially during football season. With no refriferated sales except in liquor stores, we won't be getting Russian River products anytime soon, even if Vinnie ever decides to expand distribution again

the alcohol laws around this country still amaze me and just baffle me. i mean really... i can by warm beer but if its cold, its somehow inappropriate??? craziness!

Ohio's most ridiculous is nothing sold before 10am on sundays, and hard liquor purchased in state liquor stores only.

It's literally a contest for which state has the most idiotic, nonsensical alcohol laws. But Frank beat me to it - Indiana's laws have to be up there with the best (or more accurately, worst). 
Jon H.

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 11:40:06 am »
Only allowing warm beer sales I'm told is supposed to lower the frequency of drinking and driving! If you think people buy cold beer to drink in the car on the way home, I guess it lowers the desirability of that but really can't serve any other purpose but to fill the wallets of state licensed liquor stores

Right!  with that mentality, i suppose selling guns in one store, and bullets in a different store across town , you'd have less crimes committed with guns  ::)

ok back to regular programming on SN Harvest Single Hop!
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline 69franx

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2015, 11:42:33 am »
Exactly Ken. I worked in enough restaurants in Ohio before the law changed that one particular law always frustrated us. You could sell beer on Sunday, but no wine or hard alcohol until 1pm. New servers made mistakes almost every week. Thank goodness they eliminated that nonsense
Frank L.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2015, 11:48:35 am »

Yep, except that you and I can drive home with cold growlers from a brewpub/brewery on Sunday but not buy cold beer anywhere else. Makes my head spin.
Jon H.

Offline 69franx

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2015, 12:21:43 pm »
Had not even thought of that Jon
Frank L.