Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Index for Commercial Calibration in Zymurgy  (Read 3407 times)

Offline kramerog

• Brewmaster General
    • My LinkedIn page
Index for Commercial Calibration in Zymurgy
« on: January 30, 2013, 02:24:54 pm »
Is their an index of beers tasted in the Commercial Calibration article of Zymurgy?  It would make it a lot easier to practice tasting for the BJCP exam.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
Re: Index for Commercial Calibration in Zymurgy
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 03:28:56 pm »
Is this index gone in the new version of the site? I can't find it anywhere.  :(
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline wxgod

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 07:42:44 pm »
Unfortunately Denny, that doesn't help much. I am looking for an index too, and haven't been able to find one yet. Need to access a printable version (pdf) for use in our club setting. I can take an old issue and scan it, but that isn't the best solution, nor does it solve the need to quickly see what beers have been part of the "Commercial Calibration".

Offline ncbrewer

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 09:37:55 am »
Is there an update on this thread? I have not accessed the site for Commercial Calibration for quite a while and now all I can find is an index without any links to the articles. The only online parts I can find are for the last 12 months or so.

Thanks,
Steve

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 11:52:48 am »
I have regularly wanted more beers listed in the commercial examples of the BJCP Guidelines.  It seems that 1/2 of the examples are regional beers in a lot of the categories, therefore not available unless I happen to be in that region.  I know it would be a lot of work to get more beers listed, but my guess is that there would be a lot of people willing to help.  ;)
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 12:46:40 pm »
I have regularly wanted more beers listed in the commercial examples of the BJCP Guidelines.  It seems that 1/2 of the examples are regional beers in a lot of the categories, therefore not available unless I happen to be in that region.  I know it would be a lot of work to get more beers listed, but my guess is that there would be a lot of people willing to help.  ;)

The goal in the new guidelines was to do the opposite (reduce those specifically called out in the guidelines) since distribution and lifetime between revisions is hard to predict (a commercial example in the 2008 guidelines may either not be produced anymore or may no longer be representative of the direction the style has gone).  In Gordon's presentation last year, he mentioned that they were looking into having a section of the (BJCP) website devoted to a living commercial examples database, but there's no telling when (if?) that's ever going to see the light of day.