Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New England Brews  (Read 2126 times)

Offline brew-witch

• Cellarman
New England Brews
« on: June 07, 2010, 06:56:13 am »
I haven't done a lot of long distance travel lately, but New England is chock full of awesome breweries that keep me pretty busy.  A friend introduced me to planning hiking and kayaking day trips around the local brew pubs  ;D

Some of the local favorites:
Portsmouth Brewery (Portsmouth, NH)
Flying Goose (New London, NH)
Cape Ann Brewery (Gloucester, MA)
Northampton Brewery (Northampton, MA)
7 Barrel (somewhere in VT)

and some I have yet to visit, but love their beer:
The Tap (Haverhill Brewery, Haverhill, MA)
Tuckerman (NH)
Smuttynose Brewery (Portsmouth, NH)
Harpoon Brewery (Windsor, VT)
Ipswich Brewery/Mercury Brewing (Ipswich, MA - brewpub opening soon)

Ahhh... so many brewpubs, so little time!

If you can't handle an hour of leisure time, then eternity is going to be a problem.

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
Re: New England Brews
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 07:04:07 am »
Seven Barrel is in West Lebanon, NH, just over the river from White river Jct.  It is a sister brewery of the Vermont Pub and Brewery ( or used to be at least ).  VPB is excellent as well.

If you are going to go to Tuckermans, also check out Moat Mountain ( on Rte 16 just north of North Conway ).  Excellent beer and decent food.  And about 1/2 away in Lovell, ME is Ebenezer's.

Of course this doesn't even scratch the surface.  I spent a whole day in Portland, ME and still didn't get to see everything I wanted.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline brew-witch

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 07:13:37 am »
Seven Barrel is in West Lebanon, NH, just over the river from White river Jct.  It is a sister brewery of the Vermont Pub and Brewery ( or used to be at least ).  VPB is excellent as well.
Thanks!  Went to Quechee Gorge, VT that day and I couldn't remember which town Seven Barrel was in.

If you are going to go to Tuckermans, also check out Moat Mountain ( on Rte 16 just north of North Conway ).  Excellent beer and decent food.  And about 1/2 away in Lovell, ME is Ebenezer's.
Good to know... I'll probably be up there sometime this summer.

Of course this doesn't even scratch the surface.  I spent a whole day in Portland, ME and still didn't get to see everything I wanted.
Nope, it sure doesn't  ;D  Lots to explore still!  Was in Kennebunkport a few weeks ago and went to Federal Jacks... good food and brew also.  Yankee Brew News has a great map of all the local breweries, brew pubs, supply stores, etc in each issue.
If you can't handle an hour of leisure time, then eternity is going to be a problem.

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 07:22:23 am »
What part of NE are you in?

Unfortuneately, the AHA discount only applies to The Portsmouth Brewery in NH...but at least we have them.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline brew-witch

• Cellarman
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 07:36:24 am »
I'm about half way between Boston & Worcester, MA, but I spend a lot of time in the North Shore and get up to NH frequently.