Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: German themed IPA  (Read 8900 times)

Offline brewday

• Brewer
Re: German themed IPA
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2015, 07:47:03 am »
Yeah, that does sound like a pain.  Give it a go sometime with pellets.  But to maximize dry hop expression you might need to crash for a few days to drop some yeast then bring back up to dry hop.  Or use more WP hops.  I ran one alt thru the hoprocket with citra and mittelfruh and had tons of hoppiness - I used 1007.

Edit:  Just re-read thru and see you had plenty of WP hops.  I'd just say let the yeast drop some and use pellets for dry hopping for no reason other than I used leaf in a carboy once and found it to be unnecessarily frustrating.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 08:05:49 am by brewday »

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2015, 10:36:09 am »
Exactly, just went with carboys cause I split the batch to try 2 different yeasts. And leaf was all that was available on those 2 hops so I went with it.  I know better now fir next time
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline 69franx

« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2015, 05:49:15 pm »
Here's a pic of the 1007 version. Little over half the bottle poured, glass and bottle all foamed up

It is clearing up a bit, but still hair than than 090 version
Frank L.
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline 69franx

« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2015, 05:51:06 pm »
At first pour, the 22oz Sam glass was all foam, no beer visible, and that's pouring slowly, with the bottle almost horizontal into a freshly rinsed glass
Frank L.