Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Hard knocks sports in Cleveland  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
Hard knocks sports in Cleveland
« on: June 09, 2015, 07:27:54 pm »
Tough to be a sports fan in Cleveland, but go cavs! Closest championship we've had since 1997 Indians .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:29:37 pm by Wort-H.O.G. »
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline Stevie

Re: Hard knocks sports in Cleveland
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 10:55:00 am »
I feel for Cleveland, but hate Lebron. It's not that he is a bad guy, it's the whole spectacle of leaving and coming back. I don't get how Cleveland fans can forgive so easily.

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Bloatarian Brewing League - Cincinnati, OH
    • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 12:13:06 pm »
I don't have much use for basketball, but as a former resident (in between Painesville and Madison), I hope you get one!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 12:21:37 pm »
I'm sure LeBron will win a few more in Cleveland, but Ken I'm not sure you (or anybody) will live long enough to see the Browns do it.     ;D
Jon H.

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 01:40:45 pm »
Man I used to be a huge NBA fan and now can't really stand it. I guess that's what happens when you go from having George Karl, Melo, and relevancy to one of the worst teams in the league...  I don't like Melo but it was nice to be on the good end of the 'superstar' calls back then...

I like Lebron but am a Jordan guy. All the comparisons bug me when they are completely different players. Kobe and Jordan are much more similar than Lebron and Jordan. Rant over...  :P
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 01:47:27 pm »
Honestly, as thrilled as I was in '04, being a Red Sox fan lost its luster after they won the World series a couple times. We went from the long suffering fans of a team who came so close so many times to just another high salary big market team. Still wouldn't give up beating the Yankees in the ALCS after being down 3-0 though.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline case thrower

• Assistant Brewer
  • NE Ohio
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 02:54:24 pm »
I feel for Cleveland, but hate Lebron. It's not that he is a bad guy, it's the whole spectacle of leaving and coming back. I don't get how Cleveland fans can forgive so easily.

When Lebron left, I was more upset about HOW he left than that he left.  That part of it was his biggest mistake and I think he came to realize it.  On the flip side, you can say what you will about the guy, the entire time he was in Miami he was still giving back to the city of Akron and his alma mater, St. Vincent - St. Mary.  And I think for him to give a bow to Jim Brown speaks volumes.

I'm sure LeBron will win a few more in Cleveland, but Ken I'm not sure you (or anybody) will live long enough to see the Browns do it.     ;D

Come on, Jon.  Once we get past being the oldest expansion team in history, we'll make somebody pay (besides our quarterbacks).
Dave C.

Woke up this mornin' and I got myself a beer.
The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 05:03:30 pm »
So yes, Browns are far from ever being competitive. Lebron, yes he f-Ed up with the way he left. Can't blame him for leaving as owner wasn't willing to build a supporting cast. He was young, ill advised and a immature.....ego made a bad decision and we all know and felt it. End of the day, he's back, we love it, and the city is better because of it. Long road ahead, hope they pull it off and give the city a well deserved championship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army

Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline 69franx

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 09:56:43 pm »
After living through all the LeBron hype the first time in Cleveland,  and the fact that I graduated from the same high school as lebron.  I really hope the Cavs win a championship, but really don't care if lebron ever wins another. He is all talk, and may well leave again if they don't win this year. I never expected the Cavs to be able to re-sign him after his opening league max for rookies salary. We had a great 7 years with him on the first round and he is scoring like a mad man in this series for sure. If you really watch the team and him though, it looks like the final 3 minutes of the game (the only part of an NBA game that matters) it is still choke city. Thank god for delevedova (?) Or we would likely have lost game 3 after being up by 20 frigging points. Probably time for me to say rant over but he really got my goat with the decision, and while happy for him to be back helping the Cavs, I will never truly forgive him for being the pompous, self centered, arrogant egotistical maniac that pulled off that ESPN nonsense. Superstars are superstars, but that was ridiculous. And with that, I guess I will say rant over. And Thanks for listening
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
Hard knocks sports in Cleveland
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 12:20:34 am »
Sports is business. If you got a better job offer with more upside for success, you'd take it.....no question.

Edit: BTW, I'm in Las Vegas so it's only 11:30 here. Won the half time under and cavs to win on Tuesday, so I'm happy regardless!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 12:23:09 am by Wort-H.O.G. »
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army

Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline 69franx

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 10:46:38 am »
Ken I do agree. I had no problem with him leaving and really never expected the Cavs to be able to keep him. My issues are solely based on his horrendous judgement shown in the circus side show that ESPN dubbed the decision. If he really cared about the city, the fans, the game, the team, etc he never should/would have pulled that crap. Be a man, step up and have a conversation with your boss telling him why you are leaving. Airing the whole process on live television made a mockery of every fan of the Cavs (who mostly expected him to leave ) who sat through the entire pile of @$!# holding onto hope that he might stay. Only to have it end the way it did. I lost all respect for him, as well as team owner for his temper tantrum after
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)