Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: AHA Forum App?  (Read 3374 times)

Offline thetooth

• Assistant Brewer
  • Long Beach, CA
Re: AHA Forum App?
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2015, 12:30:07 pm »
Sounds like I need to install and check it out.  Thanks.

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Bloatarian Brewing League - Cincinnati, OH
    • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2015, 09:31:58 pm »
Had a Tapatalk update today.  The subforums now appear in the bar with unread, participated, etc.  No issues that I'm seeing. 
Anything is better than logging in to the forum on my phone through a browser!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Online pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2015, 05:48:41 am »
Had a Tapatalk update today.  The subforums now appear in the bar with unread, participated, etc.  No issues that I'm seeing. 
Anything is better than logging in to the forum on my phone through a browser!

Agreed, the quick access and formatting for mobile is they key feature. It just used to be formatted better and more user friendly in my opinion. And it rarely crashed, now it crashes a lot.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline Stevie

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2015, 08:49:57 pm »
Tapatalk does indeed suck. The developers know it sucks and don't seem to care too much. They seem to roll out major updates to 10% of the app at a time which makes it feel disjointed. I use it because it the best option on a mobile device.

Online pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2015, 05:31:58 am »
OK I just tried to search for a thread by selecting search from a drop down menu and typing my query and pressing the magnifying glass and instead of searching tapatalk posted my query on the thread I was on. I can't edit posts with tapatalk. Either there are different versions of tapatalk or people who say its good are in denial. I gave it the benefit of the doubt for a week after someone pointed out the drop down menu for browsing categories but even that turned out not completely useful because its often not there when you would want it. I consider myself an average user of technology, not an expert but literate, this has really turned into crap.

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2015, 06:23:09 pm »
OK I just tried to search for a thread by selecting search from a drop down menu and typing my query and pressing the magnifying glass and instead of searching tapatalk posted my query on the thread I was on. I can't edit posts with tapatalk. Either there are different versions of tapatalk or people who say its good are in denial. I gave it the benefit of the doubt for a week after someone pointed out the drop down menu for browsing categories but even that turned out not completely useful because its often not there when you would want it. I consider myself an average user of technology, not an expert but literate, this has really turned into crap.
Trying to search for a specific post within the forum doesn't work so well for me, but I've only given it a half assed try on one occassion. 
As for editing my post, I simply click the post I want to edit, which highlights it light blue, then the pencil in the upper right corner.  Took a screen shot of this. 

Online pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2015, 05:02:36 am »
Nope, when I highlight  one of my posts I do not get the pencil, just the three vertical dots which is a drop down menu and the star.

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2015, 09:58:32 am »
Nope, when I highlight  one of my posts I do not get the pencil, just the three vertical dots which is a drop down menu and the star.
Yeah that would frustrate me too!  You try nuking it and re-installing?  FWIW, I'm an Android user.