Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beer Line Management  (Read 4651 times)

Offline johnnyb

• Assistant Brewer
  • Pembroke, NH
Re: Beer Line Management
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2015, 07:48:54 am »
I run 9' lines at 3/16 - I've always found that 2 psi/ft restriction a bit liberal, more like 1.25-1.5 which makes a difference.  Here's my setup with 7x lines, held with 1.5" pipe hoops.

https://twitter.com/AngryScotBrew/status/460576796560224256

Question for you and anyone else that has built a something like this: do you have any problems going without insulation inside the collar?

The plans I was following call for gluing insulation sheets inside the collar, but I was wondering if that was just going to be a breeding ground for mold. The other thing that's nice about no insulation is having the collar available for mounting hardware.

So how is it working out for you?

Offline rjharper

• Brewmaster
    • Angry Scotsman Brewing
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2015, 11:33:55 am »
I run 9' lines at 3/16 - I've always found that 2 psi/ft restriction a bit liberal, more like 1.25-1.5 which makes a difference.  Here's my setup with 7x lines, held with 1.5" pipe hoops.

https://twitter.com/AngryScotBrew/status/460576796560224256

Question for you and anyone else that has built a something like this: do you have any problems going without insulation inside the collar?

The plans I was following call for gluing insulation sheets inside the collar, but I was wondering if that was just going to be a breeding ground for mold. The other thing that's nice about no insulation is having the collar available for mounting hardware.

So how is it working out for you?

I've never really noticed an issue. I like the mounting options, and it's a cleaner build.

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2015, 11:42:37 am »
I did my collar a bit differently.  I built a shell of 1/4" paneling around the insulation board.  It looks like wood all around but the whole center is blue insulation board.  I did put solid wood in where the taps are to make tightening nuts on the shanks and such a bit more solid.

It works well and is still insulated.  Just something else to think about.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline rjharper

• Brewmaster
    • Angry Scotsman Brewing
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2015, 01:21:44 pm »
Good idea Paul - I'll have to remember that option