Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Montejo?  (Read 1908 times)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Montejo?
« on: June 25, 2015, 06:29:17 pm »
Have you I tried this yet? Found it in the store next to Corona. I'll admit it pretty tasty. Comes off like a balance between German Pils and Helles. At 4.5% I'd guess there's little to no adjunct in it by the flavor. Brown bottle so no skunk. Good stuff I think.

Offline Iliff Ave

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Montejo?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 07:19:17 am »
Interesting. I have seen it around but never thought about trying it. Sounds like I will have to give it go.
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 01:39:46 pm »
I'm not going to claim is world class but if you want cheap factory lawnmower beer with out corn rice, its not bad at all. Just slip the bottle into an Ayinger coozie and enjoy.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 06:55:44 am by klickitat jim »

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 02:43:22 pm »
I have been drinking a lot of Mexican beer lately...may as well try another...

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 05:02:34 am »
I've been looking past it not really sure what style it was. Odds were that it was pale piss-water but good to know- I'll pick up a 12 of cans when next time at the store and give'em a once over...
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline euge

• I must live here
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 01:34:38 pm »
Pale piss-water. I think they only waved a hop-cone in the general direction of the wort...

Refreshing in this heat though.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 02:47:29 pm »
Pale piss-water. I think they only waved a hop-cone in the general direction of the wort...

So when you say pale piss-water can you give a comparison beer so I know what we're dealing with here?

Offline euge

• I must live here
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 03:26:38 pm »

So when you say pale piss-water can you give a comparison beer so I know what we're dealing with here?

Sol or Pacifico come immediately to mind. And Corona light- though I can't remember the last time I had one.

It's ok this Montejo. Very pale- maybe 1 SRM. I'm not getting any off flavors.

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 08:52:58 am »

Sol or Pacifico come immediately to mind. And Corona light- though I can't remember the last time I had one.

I can deal with that. Pacifico is one of my go to Mexican beers...

Offline euge

• I must live here
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 10:38:30 am »
BTW I was not referring to Mexican beer in a pejorative manner, as I drink my fair share too.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 11:25:58 am »

Hmmm, the 6 pack I got seemed about 4 SRM. I wonder if mine was regular and yours was lite