Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Yeast Pitch Rate - Pt. 2: Viable Cell Count vs. Vitality | exBEERiment Results!  (Read 4218 times)

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
As much as I commend Marshall for doing these experiments, don't let it discourage you from doing your own!  Don't blindly believe him, me, or anyone else.  Try things for yourself and discover your own reality!
Especially since the whole point of peer review in science is to increase confidence in (or refute) other research.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
As much as I commend Marshall for doing these experiments, don't let it discourage you from doing your own!  Don't blindly believe him, me, or anyone else.  Try things for yourself and discover your own reality!
Spoken like a true hippie!  ;D

Agreed on all accounts. There are so many variables in brewing that there is no guarantee that someone else's experiment results will match your own. This is especially true when flavor is your primary endpoint, as in many of Marshall's experiments.

My typical response to the brulosopher experiments are either "that makes sense based on my personal experience" or "I'll have to try that for myself sometime".

And congrats on the PM post, Marshall!
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer