Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Brewed for Small Wedding This Summer  (Read 3134 times)

Offline johnnyb

• Assistant Brewer
  • Pembroke, NH
Brewed for Small Wedding This Summer
« on: August 29, 2015, 12:34:03 pm »
I brewed two beers for a small wedding this summer. The bride and groom to be came over to help on brew day and brought some nice local honey that they wanted to use. We brewed an American IPA and a Honey Rye.

The wedding was at the beginning of August. I was planning on just serving them old school out of a plastic tote bin full of ice, but the temps were forecast for the mid 90's and I was worried about the lines foaming. I ended up using the tote bin system, and then I got a cheap Styrofoam cooler to coil up the lines in and drilled holes in it for the picnic taps. Filled it up full of ice and it kept the lines chilled and pouring without foam.

They also bought a keg of Yuengling, but it went pretty much untouched until my two kegs floated.

I've brewed for many parties, but was surprised how nervous I was about screwing something up for the wedding. I'm glad everything went smoothly and both beers came out great.

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Brewed for Small Wedding This Summer
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 09:14:10 pm »
Good work!  You will find as you brew more for main events, that the commercial kegs will sit while your homebrew gets drained like there is no tomorrow.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 09:22:37 pm »
I agree, my experience too.  Nice job !
Jon H.

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 11:14:44 am »
Always funny how as home brewers we go over the top to ensure our beers get the best "showing" possible.  Insulating tap lines is just another example of our pride.  Well done and congrats! I bet the crowd was pretty disappointed in the Yuengling after your home-brew was kicked.