Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Firestone Walker bought by Duvel Moorgat  (Read 4921 times)

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Firestone Walker bought by Duvel Moorgat
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2015, 03:50:43 pm »

Probably my favorite brewery. I did not know that Boulevard was bought by Duvel as well. I still like their beer so it doesn't sound like too much will change with FW...
Same. I buy a lot of Boulevard's beers and I have not noticed any change since they were purchased. I'm sure Firestone is in good hands. With breweries in the west, middle, and east; distribution will become much simpler.

I had no idea Firestone has a brewery in the east.  Is this new?  Where is it (will it be) located?

Offline Stevie

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2015, 04:05:03 pm »

Probably my favorite brewery. I did not know that Boulevard was bought by Duvel as well. I still like their beer so it doesn't sound like too much will change with FW...
Same. I buy a lot of Boulevard's beers and I have not noticed any change since they were purchased. I'm sure Firestone is in good hands. With breweries in the west, middle, and east; distribution will become much simpler.

I had no idea Firestone has a brewery in the east.  Is this new?  Where is it (will it be) located?
Ommergang in Mass

Offline brewinhard

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 04:10:42 pm »
Ommegang is located in Cooperstown, NY.  Are you saying that Ommegang is now brewing FW beers since they are also controlled by Duvel?

Offline Stevie

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2015, 04:15:06 pm »

Ommegang is located in Cooperstown, NY.  Are you saying that Ommegang is now brewing FW beers since they are also controlled by Duvel?
I thought they were in mass, my bad.

I don't know if that is what they will do, but I imagine it is a possibility. Shipping liquid is expensive.

Offline brewinhard

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2015, 04:17:42 pm »
But where did you see that FW is brewing in the East now?  Just curious as I would love to get some fresh FW here. 

Offline Stevie

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2015, 04:20:19 pm »
I never said they were. I was pointing out that in joining Duvel, Duvel now has, or has access to, three well placed breweries for distribution or brewing. Firestone just got to Texas a couple of years ago, I'm sure they will be further east at some point.

Offline brewinhard

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2015, 04:22:10 pm »
Gotcha.  Thanks for clarifying for my wishful ass!   ;D