Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Blondie's Ale  (Read 3605 times)

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Re: Blondie's Ale
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 03:22:14 pm »
Hey first taste tonight, very early in carb stage but I had to know. Carb level is developing nicely. It opens with a great hiss and pours with a thin head that leaves little lacing. Aroma is slightly fruity (best I can do as not much of a fruit eater) no off esters or phenolics. Appearance is a nice bright yellow and fairly clear for this young. Poured into a tulip and the picture I took sucked but as I drank, I was amazed at just how clear it is already. Nice smooth flavor, on the malty side with just a little bitterness to keep me interested. Overall, a great summer sipper especially for our RV trip next week. Enough flavor to enjoy and nothing to scare off bmc crowd except the label does not say s@$t light/lite. I will happily enjoy this brew at the end of every day of driving over the next 2.5 weeks. Thanks for posting your recipe, I will make this one again!
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline IMperry9

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 10:51:45 pm »
Awesome! I'm glad this turned out just as well for you! I am still quite new to brewing(under a year) so I'm glad that I have came up with a recipe that can be shared and enjoyed by others. Thanks again for posting how it went for you. Cheers!
A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
Kegged/Bottled: N/A
Coming up:
SMaSH Rye Pale Ale
Chocolate Rye Stout
Milk Stout

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2015, 05:11:30 pm »
2 cases did not quite make it to all 10 states we were in, but it was great while it lasted. Had some in Indiana, Illinois, South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, with none left for Nevada and I never had any chilled for Iowa and we did not spend a night in Minnesota. Thanks again for the recipe!
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline IMperry9

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2015, 08:01:28 pm »
Just glad that I can help others have a good time. Thanks again for the updates and how it went for you cheers!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
Kegged/Bottled: N/A
Coming up:
SMaSH Rye Pale Ale
Chocolate Rye Stout
Milk Stout