Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Note to self  (Read 2429 times)

Offline jaftak22

• Assistant Brewer
Note to self
« on: July 24, 2015, 12:29:32 am »
Note to self, don't brew beer wearing flip flops. I have a bad habit of doing this sometimes and finally cracked and got rubber boots.

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
Re: Note to self
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 12:32:03 am »
Yeah, I almost always wear running shoes.  No protection there.  But I brew on a concrete garage floor.  The cushioning is nice.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 02:36:34 am »
Aside from pool lounging flip flops are a terrible idea to wear period. Here's a scenario for ya: You get into a car crash and have to take care of your wife or kids and there is broken glass everywhere. and you are the dummy wearing flip flops.

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 06:36:35 am »
If I'm not wear dress shoes, I'm likely wearing flip-flops, even while brewing. I just recently started to get into Vans Off the Walls again.

Offline brulosopher

• Brewmaster
  • They who drink beer will think beer
    • Brülosophy
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 06:59:03 am »
Confession: in the warmer months, I often brew with no shoes on. I usually spend more time inside than in my garage while brewing, figure putting shoes on is a waste of time.

For better or worse

Offline brulosopher

• Brewmaster
  • They who drink beer will think beer
    • Brülosophy
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 07:00:07 am »

Aside from pool lounging flip flops are a terrible idea to wear period. Here's a scenario for ya: You get into a car crash and have to take care of your wife or kids and there is broken glass everywhere. and you are the dummy wearing flip flops.
Hahahaha. This example isn't extreme at all!

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 07:02:10 am »
I can't stand flip flops, even at the beach. I think they are the least comfortable footwear between the thing between the toes and the flopping around.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline johnnyb

• Assistant Brewer
  • Pembroke, NH
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 07:16:42 am »

I wear a helmet, hip waders, and bullet proof vest everywhere I go -- just in case!

Offline ranchovillabrew

• Brewer
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 07:46:02 am »
If I'm not at work or on a boat,  I'm barefoot or in flip flops
- Charles

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 07:52:29 am »
Note to self, don't brew beer wearing flip flops. I have a bad habit of doing this sometimes and finally cracked and got rubber boots.

What kind of rubber boots?  Hopefully you wear them inside your pant legs.  Otherwise, if you spill anything, you'll just be creating a reservoir for the hot liquid.  ;)

Confession: in the warmer months, I often brew with no shoes on. I usually spend more time inside than in my garage while brewing, figure putting shoes on is a waste of time.

For better or worse
I have an old pair of Vibram TrekSports that I wear when I brew during the warmer months (about 10 months of the year here lol).  I have an old pair of water-proof Rocksports that I wear during the cool months.  My setup does not require me moving any vessels with liquid hot enough for it to matter.

Offline jaftak22

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 09:37:13 am »
Yep gonna tuck em in my pants. It's instinctive to wear flip-flops everywhere being from Florida. I wanted to wear them to my wedding but my wife said that's where she drew the line

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 09:37:52 am »

For better or worse

Dude....you just blew yer image!  PLEASE be safe!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 09:40:47 am »
I can't stand flip flops, even at the beach. I think they are the least comfortable footwear between the thing between the toes and the flopping around.

word
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 10:01:57 am »
Safety third, right? ;)

I love flip-flops, the SO and 15 year-old daughter live in them. 
The youngblood just turned 15 and got her driver's permit. She corralled us into a lesson last evening and started to prance out the door in her flip flops.  I had to have one of those, "do as I say, not as I do" moments and told her to go put her vans on.  She did great... and I should practice what I preach.

Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brewers
Clubs: Oregon Brew Crew & Strange Brew
BJCP Certified

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 03:20:14 pm »

word

word also
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995