Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Volkanisch Vijf  (Read 1184 times)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Volkanisch Vijf
« on: August 04, 2015, 05:25:15 am »
I was at Volcanic in Hood River last week. By the way, I scoured a bottle of Crooked Stave Petite Passion Fruit, YUM! But, they had the Everybody's-Solera collaboration for Volcanic's (local bottle shop and tap room) five year anniversay. It was pretty darn good, like way good! and I plan to try to make one. Brain child of Jess Caudill no doubt, who is no longer at Wyeast since becoming the Head Brewer at Everybody's. Everybodys is the only brewery in my county.

Best way I can describe it is Antwerper Wiess. Berliner with an obviuos belgian profile. The news paper quotes the Solera brewer stating that they used no hops, soured with lacto, then pitched sac yeast. Obviouslly a belgian sac, and im guessing Wyeast belgian saison. 3.5% and way tastey. They also said it was 80/20 pils and wheat, so they didn't leave too much to the guess work recipe-wise.

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
Re: Volkanisch Vijf
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 12:10:07 am »
Sounds very interesting Jim.  Where is Everybody's Brewery?
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 01:18:50 am »
Had to look it up, White Salmon WA, across Fromm Hood River OR.

The old Wyeast crew from NHCs past seem to have moved on. Owen has the canning business. I have been told that Greg Doss is now at a brewery, not sure which one.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 09:08:36 am »
I tried to hit Everybody's both times I visited Hood River but didn't have the time to go north. I seem to think I tried some of their beers and liked them. I really enjoy Solera and they might a spectacular view of Mt. Hood on the back patio.

Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 09:33:00 am »
Had to look it up, White Salmon WA, across Fromm Hood River OR.

The old Wyeast crew from NHCs past seem to have moved on. Owen has the canning business. I have been told that Greg Doss is now at a brewery, not sure which one.

I _think_ Greg is at Full Sail.  Jess is with Owen.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell