Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Dumping 5gallons  (Read 2593 times)

Offline braufessor

• Brewer
Re: Dumping 5gallons
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 07:50:55 pm »
Dumped about 1-2 gallons out of 3 different kegs this morning.  No big deal.  It was stuff that was mediocre at its best, now it is old, and I want something else in those kegs.   I brew a lot.... too much probably:)  But, I like brewing and usually have 6+ on tap at a time.  If something is mediocre to not great.... it just never gets drank and some portion of it will hit the drain eventually.  I would never choke down beer that was not good just to "never dump a beer."  Brew on.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2015, 03:47:05 am »
Definitely nothing wrong with dumping the batch, but unless you need the bottles right now I don't see any reason not to sit on it for a couple months and see what happens.
When my boys were still living at home, this appeared to be their approach with leftover food. Wait till it's growing grass then dump it. Lol

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2015, 03:49:51 am »
If you were only allowed 200 gallons per year brewed AND consumed, would you then keep uggy beers? I wouldn't. And I don't. Its not very often, but I don't keep meh beer laying around

Offline SeymoureButts

• Cellarman
    • Facts Of Fatherhood
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2015, 02:28:50 am »
Thanks, guys for all your responses. I don't need the bottles right now as I will not brew again until I buy or build a fermentation cooler. That being said, I will sit on these for a little while. Very disappointing as I was expecting these not to last very long from the initial smells during fermentation. The smell was delicious. So hoppy. So good.

Well,

Until next time.
El Gringo Borracho