Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Tell me what you think  (Read 5291 times)

S. cerevisiae

Re: Tell me what you think
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2015, 11:28:40 am »
Belay that BS!   ;D    (The old man on my ship's favorite expression when some junior officer gave a less than stellar order while standing conn).

Am I going to have to request permission to come aboard?  Are you going to blast music from the 1MC? Are you going to have a gedunk store?  Am I going to have to stand before the mast if I say something bad about your beer? :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 09:11:13 pm by S. cerevisiae »

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2015, 01:02:03 pm »
Yeah, that is my next step.  I have the name trademarked, and I don't see how someone could trademark an anchor.  It would have to be identical in every respect.

IANAL - but it seems like the standard used for these things is if the image is close enough to confuse the average (i.e. not so bright) person then it is an infringement. 

My first thought when I looked at the logo was "Anchor Steam may have an issue with that" and I don't live in a place where their beers are even sold.  That doesn't really mean anything though, I'm a worrier by nature.  "Every silver lining has a tough of gray" seemed like a so obviously true statement that there was no need to write it down.  ::)

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2015, 01:28:04 pm »
Belay that BS!   ;D    (The old man on my ship's favorite expression when some junior officer gave a less than stellar order while standing conn).

Am I going to have to request permission to come aboard?  Are you going to blast music form the 1MC? Are you going to have a gedunk store?  Am I going to have to stand before the mast if I say something bad about your beer? :)

Ha!  I wish I were better at funny responses.  So the answers are: yes, yes, and maybe.  The only certain thing is if you come in with your cover on and hear the ship's bell ring, you buy everyone a round!
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline riceral

• Brewer
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2015, 05:26:27 pm »

Am I going to have to request permission to come aboard?  Are you going to blast music form the 1MC? Are you going to have a gedunk store?  Am I going to have to stand before the mast if I say something bad about your beer? :)

Dang, Mark.

It's been decades since I heard the term 1MC. And quite a while since hearing gedunk.

I don't know if this brings back fond memories or nightmares.
Ralph R.

S. cerevisiae

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2015, 09:35:00 pm »
Dang, Mark.

It's been decades since I heard the term 1MC. And quite a while since hearing gedunk.

I don't know if this brings back fond memories or nightmares.

I received my DD 214 over thirty years ago, but there are things that one just does not forget.

S. cerevisiae

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2015, 09:39:27 pm »
The only certain thing is if you come in with your cover on and hear the ship's bell ring, you buy everyone a round!

How could I forget about that one?