Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Scarecrow's Garage  (Read 4073 times)

Offline scarecrow

• Cellarman
Scarecrow's Garage
« on: May 06, 2016, 11:42:48 pm »
well started building my rig today. Using work to build it as I am not a welder nor do I have the money to buy my own. Im currently going with a gravity system with plans in the future for a pump or two to make moving water to the HLT easier than manual labor. How do you go about cleaning the pumps is my one question is it the same as just running PBW through the lines to clear them or is there more to it? Ill post pics later.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: Scarecrow's Garage
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 05:21:21 am »
Not a bad idea to take the impeller cover off once in a while to check for any small amount of debris that may have gotten stuck in there.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Bloatarian Brewing League - Cincinnati, OH
    • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 05:25:10 am »
Normal cleaning: recirculating  PBW, rinse with water. 

Offline scarecrow

• Cellarman
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 08:05:20 pm »
Here is my rig plenty of room for upgrades.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 08:53:03 pm by scarecrow »

Offline Hooper

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 08:17:31 pm »
Nice cart...you should look up "hurricane stove" for a mid priced stove that will not hot spot your kettle...then you should get a nice 10 gallon kettle...That 8 gallon low end kettle is not really big enough for 5.5 gallon bathes...I had the same stove kettle setup...sold the stove...use the kettle a bit still...never on the stove though...welcome to the hobby...
“Stay with the beer. Beer is continuous blood. A continuous lover.”
—   Charles Bukowski

Offline scarecrow

• Cellarman
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 08:54:16 pm »
Nice cart...you should look up "hurricane stove" for a mid priced stove that will not hot spot your kettle...then you should get a nice 10 gallon kettle...That 8 gallon low end kettle is not really big enough for 5.5 gallon bathes...I had the same stove kettle setup...sold the stove...use the kettle a bit still...never on the stove though...welcome to the hobby...
Awesome I am in need of a new stove now anyway as it is literally falling apart at the burner. I do want to get a bigger kettle I noticed on my first batch that it was short by 1/2 a gal.

Offline scarecrow

• Cellarman
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 03:47:32 pm »
Updated the kettle, spice and put a pump on it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 06:57:31 pm by scarecrow »