Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: SA Summer Ale  (Read 2356 times)

Offline aubeertine31

• Cellarman
SA Summer Ale
« on: May 02, 2010, 08:20:59 am »
Anybody else notice a different taste to this beer this year? This has been one of my favorite beers over the past couple years, but I don't think I've had a good one yet this year. Can any one shed any light on this?
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
-Frank Sinatra

Offline kylekohlmorgen

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Saint Louis, MO
    • The South House Pilot Brewery
Re: SA Summer Ale
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 12:54:46 pm »
Agreed...

I get a LOT more coriander flavor... I don't know if they use coriander or if they've increased the amount of Grains of Paradise
Twitter/Instagram: @southhousebrew

Recipes, Brett/Bacteria Experiments: http://SouthHouseBeer.com/

Offline Kaiser

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Imperial Brewing Geek
    • braukaiser.com
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 05:43:56 pm »
This used to be my favorite SA beer. But last year I noticed too much spice in it and stopped ordering it when I'm out.

Kai

Offline brew-witch

• Cellarman
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 10:48:02 pm »
Hmmm... I've noticed many of this year's summer brews are a bit "lacking".  I thought maybe it was just my changing tastes, but now seeing this thread...  ???
If you can't handle an hour of leisure time, then eternity is going to be a problem.

Offline dhacker

• Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 06:43:36 am »
Agreed...

I get a LOT more coriander flavor... I don't know if they use coriander or if they've increased the amount of Grains of Paradise

Same here . . too much on the coriander. I hope it's not a trend by SA that if a little of something is good, more must be better.  :-\
Just brew it...

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 07:14:51 am »
I've personally never been a fan of the SA Summer Ale. I'd prefer if they went with Noble Pils for summer.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 08:24:01 pm »
I am also not a fan of SA Summer Ale. It just doesn't do it for me. I woud like to see them put out a nice lager instead.
If they really wanted to produce an ale, I think a Saison would be the ale of choice.
Ron Price