Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Riverside, CA  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Biran

• Cellarman
Riverside, CA
« on: November 18, 2015, 10:13:59 am »
I'm near Riveraide visiting family and there are a surprising number of breweries around.  I probably only have time to visit one so I'm looking for suggestions.  Thanks.

Offline 3bbrewing

• Retailers
  • Cellarman
  • San Diego, CA
Re: Riverside, CA
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 11:05:01 am »
There are a few in the area.  :-)  It's not like San Diego for sure but it's growing.  I'd also say the that in general, they have a little ways to go in terms of consistency and quality so temper your expectations.  But you didn't ask for a review so...here's the yelp listing:  http://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=breweries&find_loc=Riverside%2C+CA  If you can get up to Redlands, Hanger 24 is by farrrr the best.  I've been to Packinghouse.  It's pretty good.  I've also been to Inland Empire.  He sometimes has some pretty good funky beers on tap but otherwise can be a little hit/miss.  Area 51 is pretty good too.  It's small but their brews are generally pretty solid.  Sons of Liberty is also out that way.  Haven't been there in a while but the first few times they were...interesting.   

Here's another more comprehensive listing:  http://www.inlandempire.com/drinks/breweries/

Have fun!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Biran

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 03:17:57 pm »
I went to Hangar 24 and got a flight.  All of the beers were very good.

Offline muzak

• Cellarman
  • Rialto, California
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 03:33:04 pm »
If you have the time also check out Ritual Brewing. Very good beers. Two of them medaled at GABF
John L.
---
Planning: Simcoe SMaSH
Bubbling:
Drinking: Saison, Amber Ale, APA, American Strong Ale

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 09:10:48 am »
There are some good breweries out there. I don't care much for that inland empire but it is a rapidly growing area both in terms of population and number of breweries.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline bartcal

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 11:12:57 pm »
Wick's isn't bad either, and Brew Crew is essentially next door, both out on the west end of Riverside. I like those and Packinghouse, though admittedly haven't made it to Area 51 yet. Thompson's is also out here, though is currently closed as they move to a larger space and brewery.

Hanger 24 is good, and I've heard good things about Ritual. There's quite a few decent breweries out here in the IE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk