Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Full Sail & Logsdon news  (Read 925 times)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Full Sail & Logsdon news
« on: August 31, 2015, 03:35:05 am »
I guess Full Sail somewhat recently finalized then sale. No longer employee owned. No word on how much, but a very conservative guess would be about $2mil per employee (averaged out). One of those share owners would Logsdon, and now the word is... who knows what, for Logsdon Farmhouse. I guess Chuck is already gone. Its strange because they just upgraded the bottling line and added a new coolship, and opened a barrel house (retail outlet) in town. Hmmm, gotta love craft beer suspense.

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
Re: Full Sail & Logsdon news
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 10:17:54 am »
I don't think the Full Sail sale has anything to do with the shakeup at Logsdon's.

From bits and pieces gathered it sounds like there is a division in the direction of Logsdon's between Logsdon and some of the other investors.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Re: Full Sail & Logsdon news
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 04:53:29 pm »
Ya, I sure don't have any inside scoop. Interesting coincidence though. I'm sure Dave just got a healthy chunk of cash flow, but its not like he was living hand to mouth lol. Overall, it sounds like the Logsdon brand will end up growing and probably not lose any quality because some of the latest news indicates he's going to keep his hand on the tiller.

It looks like Full Sail is status quo operationally till next year. Then it will be interesting to see if there is a flood of talent in the micro/nano market as happy wealthy brewers make their exit.