Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: A Beginner's Guide to Kegging  (Read 1211 times)

Offline homebrewdad7

• Assistant Brewer
    • Homebrew Dad
A Beginner's Guide to Kegging
« on: August 27, 2015, 01:15:22 pm »
Yesterday, I was at the reddit homebrewing sub, and saw a guy make this long, detailed reply about what you need to get started with kegging. He referenced the fact that it was a long copypasta of his, and it just struck me that it was so good, so thorough, that it needed to be formatted up as more of a "real" article.

So, I messaged the guy, and he was down with the idea. He put it together in article format, also dug up a few pictures of his setup to put in there.

As an avowed bottler, his beginner kegging guide really helped me to get a better idea of what I'd need to do if (when?) I finally go over to the dark side.

Which, now that I've developed a taste for hops, is maybe going to happen sooner rather than later.  It just hurts my feelings when that big aroma fades away.

Offline duncan

• AHA / BA
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
    • HomebrewersAssociation.org
Re: A Beginner's Guide to Kegging
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 02:42:40 pm »
Great find! We also have an "intro to kegging" guide on HomebrewersAssociation.org with some handy diagrams, tips on setup, cleaning, carbing and all that good stuff.

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/how-to-brew/an-introduction-to-kegging-homebrew/

-Duncan
American Homebrewers Association / Brewers Association

Offline homebrewdad7

• Assistant Brewer
    • Homebrew Dad
Re: A Beginner's Guide to Kegging
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 02:45:34 pm »
Nice reply, man!