Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 1450  (Read 4070 times)

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: 1450
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 10:52:55 am »
I get a full, round mouthfeel from it but not an underattenuated, overly malty character.

This is more of what I can describe as far as mouthfeel goes.

Same here.

Kinda like that "wow, that's a mouth full of beer" feel
Frank

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2016, 05:12:58 pm »
Ok. I'm drinking this beer again now. No cinnamon. However, I think that pleasant noticery is due to a combination of many things. The pungient dank resinous of the present hops combined with the relatively sweet malt bill cause a ever so slightly sweet spice taste on the lips. It could be enhanced by the great mouthfeel caused by 1450.

Just so you know, this beer is $$$
Frank

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2016, 05:20:19 pm »
Ok. I'm drinking this beer again now. No cinnamon. However, I think that pleasant noticery is due to a combination of many things. The pungient dank resinous of the present hops combined with the relatively sweet malt bill cause a ever so slightly sweet spice taste on the lips. It could be enhanced by the great mouthfeel caused by 1450.

Just so you know, this beer is $$$

Sounds good!
Jon H.

Offline skyler

• Brewmaster
  • Hmm. Human music. I like it.
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2016, 11:19:51 am »
I don't get any "malt-accentuation" from this yeast, but it does finish a little less dry than Chico. I would compare it to the Liberty Ale strain (WLP051, WY American Ale II, Imperial Independence Ale). I like it fine in hoppy or malty American ales, but prefer Pacman for its qualities (speed, flocculation, broad temperature range) and US-05 and BRY-97 for their convenience. I once read an old thread on another forum that said that 1450's Brewtek predecessor provided the strain to or got the strain from North Coast Brewing Co. It's been a while since I've had one, but I do recall Red Seal Ale having the same minor clarity issues and great mouthfeel that I have experience with 1450. And that is definitely a brewery known for their stouts, which does lead me to believe it is a great stout strain.