Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What's Brewing this Weekend? 09/21/2015  (Read 3733 times)

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Re: What's Brewing this Weekend? 09/21/2015
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2015, 09:25:10 pm »
I'm still trying to find a way to brew my bock on sunday : 50/50 split of Weyermann Munich I&II with 2-3 Oz carafa to get the color I want. Really just trying to find the time, I mean Survivor and Skid Row are playing local fall fest here and you know that's hard to pass up... I think I am good to go for Sunday though. Actually just heard that Lou Gramm is replacing Survivor!  Still on for Sunday morning brew day
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline Lazy Ant Brewing

• Brewmaster
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2015, 09:34:41 am »
Just brewed a "kitchen sink" brown ale using some leftovers from previous batches.  Yup, just beer!
It's easier to get information from the forum than to sacrifice virgins to appease the brewing gods when bad beer happens!

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2015, 10:57:51 am »
Harvest ale currently chilling. Basically a pumpkin beer which I know is very popular around here. Pie Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, & Butternut Squash roasted in the oven with a brown sugar syrup that will be added once fermentation slows. Orange zest, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, & nutmeg added at the end of the boil. I try to use a lighter hand with the spices because I am not a huge pumpkin beer lover. WY2565 with an altbier grain bill so basically an amber pumpkin ale.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 11:00:11 am by goschman »
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline dilluh98

• Brewmaster
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2015, 03:44:46 pm »
No brewing this weekend. Had to catch up on the backlog of bottling that needed to be done. 10 gallons worth of 4 different beers. Never again will I bottle 4 different beers in the same day. Forgot to add the sugar to the last batch and had to pipette it in to each bottle individually - such tedium stacked on the already tedious task of bottling. On the upside, now I have 4 empty fermenters and a closet full of bombers of saison and english IPA that'll be ready in a few weeks.

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2015, 06:40:50 am »
I'm looking for a killer Brown Ale recipe to brew.

If you want American style, this recipe has won me quite a few ribbons...http://wiki.homebrewersassociation.org/NotiBrownAle

I'm brewing this today the old school way with the cooler.

I believe it's true that we stand on the shoulders of those that have gone before us. Cheap and Easy is the only way I roll Denny. Thanks again for your website. I found it as a result of a Don Osborne YouTube video referring to the way he batch sparges which is based on your method.

I brewed a nice relaxing 1.056 batch yesterday in about 4 hrs grain to fermenter. The magic of starch converting to sugar and yeast converting sugar to alcohol never ceases to amaze me.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 06:45:33 am by BrewBama »