Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Does Our Dog Need a Hug?  (Read 612 times)

Offline devinfarrell

• 1st Kit
Does Our Dog Need a Hug?
« on: January 23, 2022, 08:24:57 am »
Is it acceptable for an individual to give a dog a hug? is among the most startling heated arguments in the area of human-dog interactions. The response is, it varies. If you want to know more about dog reaction as well as learning tips and tricks, then go to DogCutiesHQ.

There is general agreement that you shouldn't embrace a dog you don't recognize well if "embracing" implies encircling somebody and gently pressing as a gesture of love. In the sections that follow, I accept the intricacy of the relationship between the dog owners and their dogs about embracing controversy.

Occasionally, it's acceptable to embrace certain canines

Cuddles may be enjoyed by your dog when they react well to it. Keep an open mind, nevertheless, and be self-aware. It's not necessary to be upset when a dog refuses to be cuddled; each dog is an individual. Hugs are often not their style throughout many circumstances.

There are several methods for dogs to express their love. To learn more about this information, you can check out the website DogCutiesHQ. You may be confident they value you so if it enjoys when around you, is drawn to you, and shows you affection by giving you rubs or stomach massages, to mention a few signals.

Is it possible to teach a dog to accept snuggles?

A dog may be trained to tolerate cuddles at the very minimum if you're cautious and persistent. However, the target of this experiment isn't to make a dog do anything they don't want to or to make them like a cuddle. Instead, it could be an aspect of socialization that helps kids become more capable of handling any challenges that come their way and ensuring their own safety as well as the safety of others.

Because you can always work with a coach to determine whether your method may be strengthened, not all dogs will  be amenable to cuddles. Respecting your dog's wants and figuring out affectionate methods that are enjoyable for either of you are the main essential things to remember there. It could be better for their taste to stroke their chests gently here and an excited excellent dog afterwards.

Why is it generally not a good idea to cuddle puppies?

The best course of action is to avoid cuddles if you're unsure about what a dog likes. Avoiding embracing a dog when you wouldn't understand them closely won't endanger you in any way. Recognize that you will not always be able to understand the messages sent by dogs. When viewed from a dog's perspective, a hug is understandably potentially offensive.

A dog that is being confined by someone may feel intimidated or react violently since they are unable to determine their motives. Numerous individuals misinterpret dog nonverbal cues, according to experts. Being a dog lover, you should check out our website at DogCutiesHQ. When it came to recognizing their worry and tension, experts found that dog owners performed less well than those who did have a dog.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 10:37:09 am by devinfarrell »

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
stepping up a beer
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 09:50:00 am »
Feasible? Yes. But, it doesn’t seem easier to me. Bringing to boil, boiling, chilling, and clean up for a second batch is going to take a while.  Building a shaken not stirred (SNS) starter and brewing just once seems more efficient time wise.

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: stepping up a beer
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 10:30:51 am »
i tried searching for any posts or threads about this but didn't find any.

is it advisable to say, take a pack of liquid yeast with a cell count of say 80 to 100 million, add it directly to 4 gallons of chilled ~1.03 gravity wort, wait until 24 hours after a good krausen then add 1 gallon of concentrated and chilled wort that makes the total gravity say ~1.08 or higher.

why? i dont want to make a huge yeast starter for a very strong beer, this seems potentially easier as well as my time is limited. high OG 2nd addition will be made from LME, so add LME, quick 15 min boil, chill and add.

issues: 1. accurate hopping/bitterness issues (i would plan on doing all hop additions to the initial 4 gallons) - anyone have experience with this?
           2. yeast cell count/viability/? issues? my hope is

pros: 1. it could be a time/effort efficient way to get a very viable, adequately sized yeast going for a very high gravity beer (sorry, but this has always been an issue of mine, that hinders me from making big beers)
2. reduces amount of yeast needed to brew larger quantities of beer, more brews or bigger ones.

hey, i tried doing this one time and it did not turn out well. i made a thread on it here somewhere. i tried it with WLP500, and i ended up with an FG of 1.035 and only 60% attenuation. this was despite using 1lb candi sugar and 1lb sucrose.

maybe i had bad luck due to lack of oxygenation, but imho stick with the better tested - make a whole 4-6% ABV beer, keep the yeast cake and use it or make a huge starter.

i am far from an expert on big beers, someone probably has better advice