Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Batch Sparge OG  (Read 2527 times)

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Batch Sparge OG
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2015, 06:16:19 pm »
Mash thickness is under the mash step. You can set the default for a particular mash profile, and edit it per recipe. I like my strike water to be to the half gallon, so I tweak up or down to. Makes measuring easy.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2015, 06:26:48 pm »
Mash thickness is under the mash step. You can set the default for a particular mash profile, and edit it per recipe. I like my strike water to be to the half gallon, so I tweak up or down to. Makes measuring easy.

+1
Jon H.

Offline oginme

• Assistant Brewer
    • My Farm
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2015, 07:03:37 pm »
"I think Beersmith seems to "lock" you in at 1.25 qt./lb.  I wish you could enter in your own ratio and then it would calculate. I usually do 1.33 or 1.50 qt/lb."

BeerSmith does not 'lock' you into anything.  You should edit your equipment and mash profiles to reflect your brewing process.  Take careful measurements of your volumes and gravity readings through your next brew session and calculate the grain absorption, trub losses, and boil off rate.  Use these figures to rework your equipment and mash profile.  Repeat until the program can better simulate your actual figures.

Offline Indy574

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2015, 07:31:37 pm »

Obviously I must have missed that one. I'm sure it will all make more sense the more I use it.