Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pelican Brewing - Flock Wave  (Read 1632 times)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Pelican Brewing - Flock Wave
« on: August 14, 2015, 06:14:59 pm »
These guys seem to never disappoint. This hazy 5.9% APA, that seems to be based on a wit, is easy drinking, super tasty and thirst quenching. A trouble maker because I could drink a 12 pack of this stuff. Good job! They are continuing to earn their '14 World Beer Cup title as best small brewery!

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Pelican Brewing - Flock Wave
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 10:31:26 am »
Good to know!  My wife and I are heading there (Inn at Cape Kiwanda/Pelican) tomorrow for a few days to celebrate our anniversary.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 02:55:31 pm »
Good to know!  My wife and I are heading there (Inn at Cape Kiwanda/Pelican) tomorrow for a few days to celebrate our anniversary.
How was it Denny?

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 03:24:29 pm »
How was it Denny?

Fantatstic!  The Flock Wave didn't really remind me of a wit, but it was pretty good.  Really liked the Funky Spot based on their silver Spot IPA (which I don't care for!).  And of course the Inn at Cape Kiwanda is always great.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 04:08:52 pm »
How was it Denny?

Fantatstic!  The Flock Wave didn't really remind me of a wit, but it was pretty good.  Really liked the Funky Spot based on their silver Spot IPA (which I don't care for!).  And of course the Inn at Cape Kiwanda is always great.
Awesome, we are looking for a place to go for our anniversary this December. Might have to check that out.

And you're right, Flock Wave is maybe Wit looking but that's about it. Its enjoyable if not a bit gimmicky
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 04:37:29 pm by klickitat jim »

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 10:36:17 am »
Awesome, we are looking for a place to go for our anniversary this December. Might have to check that out.

And you're right, Flock Wave is maybe Wit looking but that's about it. Its enjoyable if not a bit gimmicky
[/quote]

Inn at Cape Kiwanda is great.  Inn at Otter Crest, about an hour south of there, is my absolute favorite place...maybe in the world.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 11:38:02 am »

Inn at Cape Kiwanda is great.  Inn at Otter Crest, about an hour south of there, is my absolute favorite place...maybe in the world.
[/quote]
Thanks for the tip.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 09:12:52 am »

Thanks for the tip.
[/quote]
We also like the Inn at Cape Kiwanda.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline dilluh98

• Brewmaster
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 09:57:40 am »
Their Belgian Golden Ale (Golden Pelican I think it's called) is one of the best Belgian's I've ever had. If anyone goes, buy a few and squirrel one or two away for a while - you won't be disappointed.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 10:09:20 am »
Their Belgian Golden Ale (Golden Pelican I think it's called) is one of the best Belgian's I've ever had. If anyone goes, buy a few and squirrel one or two away for a while - you won't be disappointed.

It's funny  becasue years back, like 12-14 when Darron still actually brewed there, I was talking to him about Belgian styles.  He said he hated them and they'd never make one!

www.dennybrew.com