Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Nice Article, Marshall  (Read 1390 times)

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Nice Article, Marshall
« on: September 18, 2015, 05:29:39 pm »
Just read your article "A Brewer's Thumbprint" in the new BYO - nice work !  Just goes to show the silliness of hoarding prized recipes. I've tried the same with brewer friends making identical recipes. No two beers are ever identical. Too many variables.
Jon H.

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Nice Article, Marshall
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 10:25:03 am »
Just read your article "A Brewer's Thumbprint" in the new BYO - nice work !  Just goes to show the silliness of hoarding prized recipes. I've tried the same with brewer friends making identical recipes. No two beers are ever identical. Too many variables.

Haven't got my copy yet, but will definitely check out this article first off.
I agree about hoarding recipes. I think that a competent experienced brewer can get in the ballpark of most recipes without having all the minute details.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 10:27:23 am »
When Drew and I were putting together Homebrew All Stars, we asked each of the 25 homebrewers for 2 recipes.  Some of them sent us as many as 4!  They goes to show that the best homebrewers have no problem sharing.  They know it's the brewer that makes the beer, and they realize it's for the good of the hobby!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 02:08:53 pm »
They know it's the brewer that makes the beer, and they realize it's for the good of the hobby!

+1.  Sharing recipes is a great way to get newer brewers "up to speed" and give them a fighting chance at brewing a good beer.  I always enjoy tasting a recipe of mine that someone else has brewed simply b/c of their "house character" and process imparting different perceptions in the finished product. 

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 05:52:54 am »
Yes, congrats to Marshall and I agree on the generosity of homebrewers helping with questions and sharing recipes.  I have never found a homebrewer that is unwilling to give a recipe when requested.
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"