Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 40 Gal homebrew system FOR SALE (Appleton, WI)  (Read 1504 times)

Offline DAVEDW

• 1st Kit
40 Gal homebrew system FOR SALE (Appleton, WI)
« on: October 01, 2015, 08:27:16 pm »
HOME BREWERY FOR SALE

We have been building, using and improving this system for the past five years.  We have focused on making the best beer possible as easily as as we can.  One benefit of brewing in larger batches we found is buying bulk materials ends up letting you brew a six pak of pale ale or porter for about $3.00. 

The system is currently set up based on the Brew-in-a-Bag (BIB) method of brewing.  We are generally able to brew 20 gallons of beer in five hours or less.  We have brewed 30 gallons on occasion but this is only possible with lower gravity beer styles.  There are enough pieces of equipment to reconfigure the system to any style of brewing you prefer.

The basis of the set up is a 40 gallon steam jacketed electric kettle.  The kettle has been rewired to 240V.  It can easily be converted back to 480V to speed up the process,  To brew we use a “bucket” made of a stainless steel frame and food grade plastic panels.  A bag is still employed to collect any grain that escapes the bucket.  There is a stirring blade built into the bucket to stir the mash.  We use an electric winch to lift the Bucket out of the kettle when the mash is complete.

The fermentor is a 40 gallon water jacketed stainless kettle with an electric water chiller managed by a digital controller.  Fermentation temps can be held to very tight specifications.

The system includes a March 1 GPM pump and a plate chiller, stainless ball valves, hoses with quick disconnect stainless couplers for easy cleaning and other equipment.

Other equipment;
One additional 40 gallon gas fired steam jacketed kettle (second kettle).  We have not tried to set this kettle up.  We were told it was operational but we do not know it’s current condition.

Two additional 40 gallon water jacketed fermenters. We have used one of these to age stouts on wood.  The other is missing parts but could be modified/employed for other purposes.

240V manual breaker/switch

electric winch

(8) five gallon corny kegs

Please email me for photos of the equipment.

$2,200

Contact Dave @ davebdw@gmail.com

Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 05:32:31 am by DAVEDW »

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Re: 40 Gal homebrew system FOR SALE (Appleton, WI)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 08:46:25 pm »
Link not working on tapatalk for me
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline DAVEDW

• 1st Kit
Re: 40 Gal homebrew system FOR SALE (Appleton, WI)
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 05:36:49 pm »
Works on the AHA site, I'm very much a novice at this forum thing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk