Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Biere de… whatever  (Read 1301 times)

Offline neddles

• Brewer
Biere de… whatever
« on: October 03, 2015, 11:14:57 am »
Been kicking around an idea for a flavorful sipper for a while now. Thought I would try keeping the recipe really simple to let what is there sine through but looking for some input or thoughts. Maybe throw in 4-6oz. Aromatic or Melanoidin or honey malt? Go ahead and pimp this recipe.

6 gallons post boil
OG ~1.075-80
SRM 4.5
IBU 28

100% Weyermann Floor Malted Pils

Mash @148F/35min and 158F/35min

Gr. Magnum @60
15g Strisselspalt @15
15g Strisselspalt @5

WY3725 @68-70F rising after 24hrs.

Target mash pH of 5.4 with lactic acid and modest and roughly equal amounts of SO4 and Cl to get Ca up to 50ppm.

Online dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
Re: Biere de… whatever
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 11:42:41 am »
Looks very good.  Consider throwing in just a very small amount of Special B, like 4 oz, for something even more special!  I really like your idea of honey malt though as well.  Perhaps a little Munich?  Maybe just 5-7%, for a little complexity and color.  Play around with it, it's all good!
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

RPIScotty

Re: Biere de… whatever
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 01:32:55 pm »

Looks very good.  Consider throwing in just a very small amount of Special B, like 4 oz, for something even more special!  I really like your idea of honey malt though as well.  Perhaps a little Munich?  Maybe just 5-7%, for a little complexity and color.  Play around with it, it's all good!

+1 on Munich for complexity. I like using a mix of Pilsner, Pale and Munich for Belgian styles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk